View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A. turaki
A-turaki.jpg

Lemonade
lemonade-acro.jpg

gflat tort back from rcmike-thanks Mike.
gflat-tort.jpg

This one is my fav from the swap, I think;). Crayola Acro
crayola.jpg

Tyree Ponape Birdsnest
tyree-ponape-birdsnest.jpg

Rainbow Monti (freebie:))
rainbow-monti.jpg

Actinic Crayola
Crayola and gflat tort
crayola-and-gflat-tort-acti.jpg

Weetabix7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's my sps from the Swap:

DSCN2174.jpg

DSCN2145.jpg

RSCN2157.jpg

DSCN2190.jpg

DSCN2147.jpg

DSCN2189.jpg

There was a gorgeous Superman Monti frag that I'm kicking myself now for not getting, but oh well...

Weetabix7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks!
That first one is my favorite out of everything I got there.
Hey, did I meet you there?
I probably did and just didn't associate you with this screen name here.

OP
OP
gflat65

gflat65

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was directly across from you, but on the back wall, right beside Casey (with all of the Acans).

Weetabix7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So wait a minute, are you the one I bought those first 2 pics from???
Cause if you're not, you were right next to him!
It was so chaotic and busy for me, I'm sorry I didn't end up getting a chance to chat a bit.

OP
OP
gflat65

gflat65

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one of the Monti's waiting for me in Oxford, but none of my own:(. Do you remember the username? I think everyone on that wall was MTRC. Casey was to my right (greystreet41), Jack and Chris Stowers were to Casey's right, Lindsey and Chris (Shockey) were to my left, but I can't remember who was past Shockey.

Weetabix7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't notice anyone's username, which is probably why I missed yours, I'm sorry!
I was just so busy that I would just dash out, buy something quick, and then dash back!
I probably missed out on a lot of stuff that way, but what can you do???
Like I said, I really wish I'd had more time to just hang out and get to know people, like I was able to do at the West Tn Frag Swap in Memphis in Sept.
I'm totally open to trading some Monti's with you for some of your sps sometime down the road, you seem like you have nice stuff. I'm a very experienced shipper if you're at all worried about that.
Sorry if I'm hijacking your thread here, but hey, while I'm at it here's a pic of me in front of mine and BibleSue's table at the Swap.

DSCN1169.jpg

OP
OP
gflat65

gflat65

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know the feeling of not geeting to sit and chat. I set up the last two Nashville swaps and had no time. Last year, I left my table to do the fragging demonstration, then the raffles, then to break my tank down (and opened th epalce at 7:00 that morning, I think it was). It was nice to be able to relax a little this time:). I didn't buy anything at the swap that I hadn't prebought, though. I forgot my cash when I left Montgomery and didn't get enough out to cover it all when I got there, so I was afraid I wouldn't make enough to cover any more purchases (turns out I was right because I broke even on presells with not a penny more...). I missed out on a lot of nice stuff this time, too, I think...

sdietz2469

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i wish i was somewhere near a frag swap...... i live in boise idaho, and have lots of frags all the time, and have to save up and sell on RC, and then rely on fed ex, ups and usps to get it there safely..... i wish there was something alot closer to home for me.... say a few hours away.... not too many places to get frags, or find new stuff around here..... i always have to pay rediculous costs to ship...... the other downfall is that i cant sell as often as i like on there for fear of being band..... anyways... lucky you guys>>>>>>>>>
shane

Weetabix7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i wish i was somewhere near a frag swap...... i live in boise idaho, and have lots of frags all the time, and have to save up and sell on RC, and then rely on fed ex, ups and usps to get it there safely..... i wish there was something alot closer to home for me.... say a few hours away.... not too many places to get frags, or find new stuff around here..... i always have to pay rediculous costs to ship...... the other downfall is that i cant sell as often as i like on there for fear of being band..... anyways... lucky you guys>>>>>>>>>
shane

Like I told gflat, I'm always open to trades and I've shipped enough that I might be able to give you input on the cheapest ways to ship safely and effectively.
I'm trying a little shipping experiment on a trade that I'm shipping out tomorrow.
Anyway, PM me if you need info or are interested.

OP
OP
gflat65

gflat65

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hear you, Shane. I'm only 4 hours out from Nashville, but I wish there was somethign closer. I'd tried to get interest up in a club in my area, but got no takers... Montgomery, Al is nto a boomintg saltwater area. I"ve met two people that keep tanks. One has a nano and one does aquarium maintanence. No one keeps sps, though... The swap spawn from clubs spawning. MTRC was started back in 2004, a year or two after the East Tn club was started. We (MTRC) held our first frag swap in Chattanooga in Jnauary of 2005 as an attempt to see how many people in the area were interested in a swap. With virtually no set up (got a room and had some donated door prizes...) we had about 75 people show up and no one left with anything they brought. Mostly softies, but everyone got excited. It's been downhill since.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 153 43.3%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 125 35.4%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 54 15.3%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.4%
Back