New T5/LED Hybrid Lighting Fixture - nearly universal BYO - Aquatic Life

MarylandTang

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all -- the moment I saw this T5/LED fixture, I thought, "this is going to be a game changer for many reefers".

Bring-your-own Kessil, AI, Radion and use the universal mounting brackets. Genius!! So many of us have tried the DIY method, which is great, but this offers those who don't have saws and drills or energy/time to get a quality T5 and LED system all in one.

https://www.aquaticlife.com/aquatic-life-t5ho-hybrid-mounting-system-fixture.html

OP
OP
MarylandTang

MarylandTang

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Screen Shot 2017-10-06 at 9.56.55 AM.png Screen Shot 2017-10-06 at 9.57.01 AM.png Screen Shot 2017-10-06 at 10.00.29 AM.png

24" version - $229
36" version - $269
48" version - $299

Add four of your favorite T5 bulbs, plus any Kessil A360, Radeon XR15 or XR30, or AI Prime HD lights -- mix and match as you like!

Jimbo662

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm seriously looking at this for my upcoming build.

Zack@BRS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thing looks amazing! I've actually gotten the chance to try one of the 24" fixtures out over my 60g cube here at the office. I've been a T5 holdout for a long time, sticking with an ATI 8 bulb Sunpower for the last couple years, but when I put this over my tank with a Kessil A360, I have to admit I'm finally thinking about making a change. I don't think my tank has ever been more visually appealing, and so far everyone here agrees!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZhQZP0nvIf/

Jimbo662

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe they're working on a 60". A 72" is not likely since standard hobby T-5 bulbs don't go out to that length.
WOOHOO...BRS has them posted on the site now! I'd asked about a week ago and was told y'all were still testing them to see if it's a product you want to carry!

bif24701

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
!!!!This is exactly what everyone has been waiting for!!!!!!!

I think this is a great idea and I'm sure many will be interested.

I have for a long time said that a hybrid system with the best LED fixtures (Kessil, Radion, AI) and T5 ATI bulbs together is the absolute best lighting that can be had for a reef tank. MH, be gone with you!!

I added a T5 retro fit than isn't bad looking because I don't have a canopy. This would have been so much better! I still might get two of the 36" ones to cover my 72" display. Each 36" fixture will hold one of my Kessil AP700 LED lights.

Antics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I really want to buy this fixture but it only comes with 3 sets of the square LED mounts on the 48". Anyone who is buying this and using Kessils I'd love to buy the Radion/AI mount or trade additional kessil brackets. :)

lactose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really want to buy this fixture but it only comes with 3 sets of the square LED mounts on the 48". Anyone who is buying this and using Kessils I'd love to buy the Radion/AI mount or trade additional kessil brackets. :)
Same here, I am going to use xr15s and will need at least 4 sets for one tank.

Zack@BRS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same here, I am going to use xr15s and will need at least 4 sets for one tank.

I believe there are plans to have additional brackets available for purchase at some point. With that said, having the additional fill light of the T-5's, you may not need as many LED fixtures as you would traditionally use.

lactose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe there are plans to have additional brackets available for purchase at some point. With that said, having the additional fill light of the T-5's, you may not need as many LED fixtures as you would traditionally use.

Fair point, I could try with 3 XR15s over a 48" tank first but I am guessing I will need the 4 of them. Also why I like the XR15s as I can adjust them individually and do 3 or 4 or 5

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to find this thread!

I'm thinking of this with a new build 60"x30"x24" and combining it with 2 Radion XR30 Pro's. My biggest concern is that I may get a less than desirable spectrum since I was planning on using the AB+.

I'm curious to see if people feel sticking with AB+ is better or adding the T-5's in addition to the AB+ for better spread.

Scorpius

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll be buying this. Currently have a mess of Kessil A360we with T5 retrofits with no canopy. lol

Shoob1e

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm also getting this too. Have 3 ai primes looking to go into it over a red sea 250 was thinking b+ c+ c+ b+

Zack@BRS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll be buying this. Currently have a mess of Kessil A360we with T5 retrofits with no canopy. lol

Nice. I'm in about the same boat at home. Was going the Kessil T5 retrofit route, but this fixture will look a whole lot slicker in my case. If I had a nice canopy, I'd probably stick with the regular Reefbrite Retrofits, but in my case I think this will look a lot cleaner.

I'm thinking of this with a new build 60"x30"x24" and combining it with 2 Radion XR30 Pro's. My biggest concern is that I may get a less than desirable spectrum since I was planning on using the AB+.

I'm curious to see if people feel sticking with AB+ is better or adding the T-5's in addition to the AB+ for better spread.

I don't think you can go wrong either way. The AB+ setting is a winning setup, but some T5's could help even out the coverage and fill shadowing. That's more or less the reason to run T5's with your LED's. I'd personally want to have some Blue + to take advantage of that spectral output throughout the tank, but you could add a bulb or two of Coral + or others to tweak white balance a bit without hurting anything.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back