New tank Bubbles and brown rapid growth on the sand bed

wince718

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am about 6 weeks into my tank setup. I am having bubbles come from my Life Rock as of today. I have added a cleanup crew in the last couple days but it has not resolved the brown growth. Is this normal for a new tank cycle or should I take a proactive approach to remove?
IMG_3942.jpg
IMG_3943.jpg
(see pics)
IMG_3941.jpg

Oldreefer44

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes this is normal. Your tank will go through several stages. Concentrate on consistent water quality and all will be fine in the long run.

OP
OP
wince718

wince718

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes this is normal. Your tank will go through several stages. Concentrate on consistent water quality and all will be fine in the long run.
That's good, should I attempt to vacuum the sand/rock or let it run the course. My Nitrites have dropped a lot over the last couple of days as well as my nitrates.

Oldreefer44

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's good, should I attempt to vacuum the sand/rock or let it run the course. My Nitrites have dropped a lot over the last couple of days as well as my nitrates.
IMO, best to let it run its course. In this hobby patience is your biggest asset and lack of it, your worst enemy.

OP
OP
wince718

wince718

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IMO, best to let it run its course. In this hobby patience is your biggest asset and lack of it, your worst enemy.
Probably the best advice ever! thanks

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 65 39.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.7%
Back