New tank build 150 gal

  • Thread starter Thread starter reefinman
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

reefinman

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 21, 2012
Messages
87
Reaction score
14
Location
Spring Branch, TX
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

This tank and stand are 4+ years old. Heres some pics tell me what you think.

Tank: 72x31x18

Lights: Aquaticlife T5 12 bulb Digital Programable

Skimmer: Super Reef Octopus 3000 internal

Calcium Reator: Reef Octopuss Dual Chamber Reator W/Reef Octopus Regaltor & Digital PH monitor

Sump: 36x18x18 Custom Built

Refugium: 36x18x21

5 Stage Ro system

Pictures by reefinman - Photobucket


I would love to hear some feed back,

Thanks
 
Great lookin' tank!! Lookin' forward to following along! :D
 
Nice lookin tank. I love the LOOONG tanks.. whats your plan for the tank.. SPS dominant I am guessing with the reactor you have.
Is tha the final resting place of the rock? Its hard to tell from the pic but it looks very compact.. not much room for fish and flow to get through it.
 
I am planning on creating two seperate coloums of base rock. Reason being, I have a piece of support glass that runs in the center of the tank. I was going to build two stands out of 1/2 pvc, then stack the rock on the stands.

Anyone have any luck with this type of setup?

SPS or LPS I would like to have a mixture.

I am currently researching refugium lighting. And needing some macro's, theirs some folks on ebay that sell macro's.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 18.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new