New tank build

Reef.Blue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m currently in the process of buying the innovative marine 75 int. I currently have a 40 breeder, but I wanted to upgrade and go all out with this tank. I wasn’t too sure what equipment I want to buy for this new tank. The tank already comes with a sump and return pump. I just need some suggestions on what other equipment I should buy. I have to price limit, just whatever the best is. Thanks!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good luck with the new adventure! It is hard to go wrong with a Reef Octopus skimmer. You may also want to consider Reef Breeders' lights.

OP
OP
Reef.Blue

Reef.Blue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck with the new adventure! It is hard to go wrong with a Reef Octopus skimmer. You may also want to consider Reef Breeders' lights.
Would you rather go with Reef Breeder lights or a Radion? I don't think I would go to a Radion right away, but it would definitely be in the near future. So the real question is Reef Breeder lights or the AI hydras?

Bruttall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Link to article I started about the Uno 2.0 lights.
Radion is 210 watt, reefi are 277. They flat smoke the competition.

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t say enough good things about the Kessil AP9x LED light fixture, definitely recommend you look into it. If you have sump space, an algae scrubber is great as well for nutrient export. I bought a medium icecap algae scrubber and it produces a thick mat of green hair algae weekly. For flow, I’ve seen best results with maxspect gyres or vortec mp series wave pumps. Also agreed on the reef octopus protein skimmer, mine works flawless and very quiet

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 138 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.2%
Back