New tank micro bubbles

DawghuntR

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 25, 2020
Messages
24
Reaction score
8
What state or country do you live in
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any idea on how to tune this thing! It's a hydor external skimmer tons of bubbles are coming from the outlet, I got the whole setup 2nd hand. I know now the skimmer shouldn't be in with the return but it is now. What can I do to stop the bubbles in my tank half are coming from the skimmer and half are coming from the refugium weir! Doing my head in... Tank is 1 week old. Can see bubbles in the dt only when you put a light above!
I know the back knob changes water level that works fine. Font know assume is for air but doesn't do anything it's just loose.

20200228_183904.jpg 20200228_183909.jpg
 
Any idea on how to tune this thing! It's a hydor external skimmer tons of bubbles are coming from the outlet, I got the whole setup 2nd hand. I know now the skimmer shouldn't be in with the return but it is now. What can I do to stop the bubbles in my tank half are coming from the skimmer and half are coming from the refugium weir! Doing my head in... Tank is 1 week old. Can see bubbles in the dt only when you put a light above!
I know the back knob changes water level that works fine. Font know assume is for air but doesn't do anything it's just loose.

20200228_183904.jpg 20200228_183909.jpg
 
The skimmer will output water full of bubbles. This is why we have bubble traps in the sump before the return chamber. If you do not have a bubble trap then sometimes a sponge like material, like what BRS calls aquamesh can trap some.
https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/aquamesh-blue-3.html
 
Seems by closing the valve on my return outlets I have fixed the issue! Skimmer still letting hubnlesnoit but by my return pump not pulling as hard the bubbles are popping before they get there!
 
I'm happy to hear that you were able to resolve your micro bubble issue.
 
Me too thanks!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new