New tank micro bubbles

DawghuntR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any idea on how to tune this thing! It's a hydor external skimmer tons of bubbles are coming from the outlet, I got the whole setup 2nd hand. I know now the skimmer shouldn't be in with the return but it is now. What can I do to stop the bubbles in my tank half are coming from the skimmer and half are coming from the refugium weir! Doing my head in... Tank is 1 week old. Can see bubbles in the dt only when you put a light above!
I know the back knob changes water level that works fine. Font know assume is for air but doesn't do anything it's just loose.

20200228_183904.jpg 20200228_183909.jpg

OP
OP
DawghuntR

DawghuntR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any idea on how to tune this thing! It's a hydor external skimmer tons of bubbles are coming from the outlet, I got the whole setup 2nd hand. I know now the skimmer shouldn't be in with the return but it is now. What can I do to stop the bubbles in my tank half are coming from the skimmer and half are coming from the refugium weir! Doing my head in... Tank is 1 week old. Can see bubbles in the dt only when you put a light above!
I know the back knob changes water level that works fine. Font know assume is for air but doesn't do anything it's just loose.

20200228_183904.jpg 20200228_183909.jpg

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The skimmer will output water full of bubbles. This is why we have bubble traps in the sump before the return chamber. If you do not have a bubble trap then sometimes a sponge like material, like what BRS calls aquamesh can trap some.

OP
OP
DawghuntR

DawghuntR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems by closing the valve on my return outlets I have fixed the issue! Skimmer still letting hubnlesnoit but by my return pump not pulling as hard the bubbles are popping before they get there!

SeaSickness

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm happy to hear that you were able to resolve your micro bubble issue.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back