New tank not how I ordered. What to do ?

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Screenshot_20230103_214015_Gallery.jpg

Threaten opening a case with your local BBB and with the local Chamber of Commerce

And do so if they ignore you

Bad BBB ratings effects their line of credit

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Option #2

Most Small Claims Courts cases in local Municipal Courts are only $75 to file a civil lawsuit where you represent yourself in front of a Judge showing proof of their wrongdoings

$75 to go down to the Court and file a lawsuit against them

Most small claims handle issues like this up to $5,000 in damages

Aspect

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I would be completely fine if they sent me the template and bit to drill the holes, So long as I had in writing from the company that if the process damages the tanks, They will be replacing them at their cost.

Without that I would not touch them.

And WOW AT THE COMMENTS so far.. I thought I was a prick. Some of y'all are Brutal.. mistakes happen.. it sounds like a Negotiation to get it taken care of. threaten to sue.... Are you kidding me....

Out of everything I would prefer them to overnight me the stuff to fix it myself rather than wait weeks to months for a round trip return..
If the company is refusing to fix the problem then yeah why wouldn't you sue? Should be an open and shut case as long as they have the receipt of the schematic they ordered and pictures of the mistake. They had a chance to right the mistake but declined to do so. Don't be so naive companies don't always care about customers.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the company is refusing to fix the problem then yeah why wouldn't you sue? Should be an open and shut case as long as they have the receipt of the schematic they ordered and pictures of the mistake. They had a chance to right the mistake but declined to do so. Don't be so naive companies don't always care about customers.
The company has not, so far as OP has posted, refused to replace the tanks. It Reads that they are in Negotiation to make it right.

Nothing says the company HAS TO immediately send an Uber to the person's house, pick them up, drive to the factory to be drilled, then returned by Currier. They have every right to try to come to a solution where the customer gets the tank with the correct size holes, and it doesn't cost more than the sale to make it right.

ALL we have to go on is they offered to send the templates (which is the fastest option for the person who bought the tank) as well as monetary credit. Op at no point stated, That is all they are willing to do. At the point the company Refuses to make it right, then sure, escalate what is thought to be appropriate.

jabberwock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The company has not, so far as OP has posted, refused to replace the tanks. It Reads that they are in Negotiation to make it right.

Nothing says the company HAS TO immediately send an Uber to the person's house, pick them up, drive to the factory to be drilled, then returned by Currier. They have every right to try to come to a solution where the customer gets the tank with the correct size holes, and it doesn't cost more than the sale to make it right.

ALL we have to go on is they offered to send the templates (which is the fastest option for the person who bought the tank) as well as monetary credit. Op at no point stated, That is all they are willing to do. At the point the company Refuses to make it right, then sure, escalate what is thought to be appropriate.
We forgot to put cheese on your cheese burger. Get this type of cheese and put it on your self.

jabberwock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those would be a more fair analogy.

We forgot the cheese for your cheeseburger. Works you like us to send the cheese and you can add it to the burger and give you a credit for your next order.
If the restaurant cannot get my order right, I fire them. Scope schedule budget...

jabberwock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the restaurant cannot get my order right, I fire them. Scope schedule budget...
To elaborate... My wife and I went out for a fancy dinner at a "posh" local restaurant. We sat at the bar because you usually get better service at the bar. We ordered an appetizer. Then we ordered entrees. Appetizer never showed up. I inquired about the appetizer. The bartender said, "Did you order an appetizer?".

My response, "I tried to.". We have never been back.

It is simple business.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no desire to take life that seriously. I did for far too long and it is Exhausting to be that entitled.

Life can sometimes be a calamity of errors where the only way to get through, is with a positive mental attitude. **** happens bro. Working toward a Suitable outcome should be there goal of both parties, correct? How about treat each other like humans, until given a reason not to?

jabberwock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no desire to take life that seriously. I did for far too long and it is Exhausting to be that entitled.

Life can sometimes be a calamity of errors where the only way to get through, is with a positive mental attitude. **** happens bro. Working toward a Suitable outcome should be there goal of both parties, correct? How about treat each other like humans, until given a reason not to?
I have the most positive mental attitude on the planet, but I believe that a business should say what they are going to do, and do what they say they are going to do. Otherwise, I will take my money elsewhere. Or just keep it.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To elaborate... My wife and I went out for a fancy dinner at a "posh" local restaurant. We sat at the bar because you usually get better service at the bar. We ordered an appetizer. Then we ordered entrees. Appetizer never showed up. I inquired about the appetizer. The bartender said, "Did you order an appetizer?".

My response, "I tried to.". We have never been back.

It is simple business.
My favorite bar has 2 crappy waitresses.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the most positive mental attitude on the planet, but I believe that a business should say what they are going to do, and do what they say they are going to do. Otherwise, I will take my money elsewhere. Or just keep it.
Has the manufacturer refused to replace the tanks? OP has not said. We know the first offer, which again, I think is the Best, Fastest, cheapest Option to get OP the tanks ordered.

jabberwock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has the manufacturer refused to replace the tanks? OP has not said. We know the first offer, which again, I think is the Best, Fastest, cheapest Option to get OP the tanks ordered.
Hey Man, I love most of the posts you make, but you are swimming upstream here. The company that promised goods and services did not deliver. They should be bending over backwards to meet this customer's expectations. If not, they are a joke of a business.

Human to human, you gotta do the right thing.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Man, I love most of the posts you make, but you are swimming upstream here. The company that promised goods and services did not deliver. They should be bending over backwards to meet this customer's expectations. If not, they are a joke of a business.

I don't mind swimming upstream from time to time. I don't mind discussing things with people with whom I disagree.

I give Companies the same courtesy I give people. The company offered A resolution. OP doesn't want it. We know Nothing else.

Reserve judgement, for when we have all of the information. IF the company comes back and says we can ship you the templates, OR you are SOL, THEN id be all about calling them out publicly. That is Crap and Unacceptable.

We know One, Absolutely reasonable offer of resolution.

This wouldn't happen, but if I got my Glass Cage and one hole size was wrong and Joe offered to send me the bit and template, I would have drilled it HAPPILY. That is a GOOD option to me, to resolve an otherwise, Honest Mistake.

Just because we have different definitions of what a reasonable resolution is, doesn't make mine wrong.

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't mind swimming upstream from time to time. I don't mind discussing things with people with whom I disagree.

I give Companies the same courtesy I give people. The company offered A resolution. OP doesn't want it. We know Nothing else.
Im with both yall over here, lets let the OP respond to see what has happened before we say anything more. If the company doesnt give a reasonable response then we have another matter. I just thought it was gross if they told them to drill the hole and will give them $100 off the next order and tried to wipe their hands clean, that is maybe another matter though

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Report them to BBB…
This does nothing. The BBB isn’t a government agency and the company never has to respond. My understanding is companies pay to be accredited on BBB. Sure a customer doing due diligence might see it but that’s about it.

That said…I agree with the previous, have them pay a local company to drill it, (if comfortable) drill it yourself with a written modified warranty for damages, send it back on their dime for them to fix, or as a last resort chargeback.

HighlandReef

Chalice Monger
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered a couple custom tanks to stack onto one another from a reputable dealer. When I got them the plumbing is for 3/4” drain and 1/2” return. I originally wanted 1” drain and 3/4 return.
The way it was sent to me isn’t what I ordered and won’t fit my needs. I contacted the company and they want to send me a guide to drill the holes myself to the correct size. As of now that’s their solution but I don’t want to drill these custom brand new tank.
what do you think I should do?

I would highly recommend you push back and demand they take responsibility for their mistake. Them requesting you drill the tank yourself, puts you on the hook.
Personally, I would not drill that tank.
Problem is, drilling it yourself will likely give them an easy out if anything happens, as they probably have policies in place. terms and conditions listed on their website, etc. stating any alterations like that will void warranty.
A reputable company would be making it right and if they don’t, leave feedback accordingly. Need to protect the community against vendors that won’t stand behind their products. Obviously, that would be after all efforts to resolve issues are exhausted.

I know you stated the vendors solution was to drill it yourself and offered a $100 credit towards next purchase. That ridiculous, if you haven’t already, reply back that you feel that is not acceptable and if they have no better solution, request a return authorization with shipping on them and a refund for the tank.
if they still refuse to resolve the situation, contact your credit card company and file a dispute.
Again, that would be after all efforts to resolve are exhausted.
Do your part, and if they refuse to do theirs, then take action accordingly.
Even when feedback is negative, no one should feel bad posting fair feedback on vendors, if the vendor sucks, they suck, is what it is.
It’s about protecting the community.

With that said, also leave fair feedback if they resolve the issues. It’s also important to leave feedback when vendors stand behind their products. Again, feedbacks important for the community. we want to do business with vendors that stand behind their products, as well as, avoid the ones that don’t.

let everyone know how this plays out?
Hopefully, they make it rite.

Matt1997

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
And WOW AT THE COMMENTS so far.. I thought I was a prick. Some of y'all are Brutal.. mistakes happen.. it sounds like a Negotiation to get it taken care of. threaten to sue.... Are you kidding me....
Shady practices should be called out. i think most of us are fed up with the world we live in where no one accepts accountability for what they do. The company made the mistake, they should resolve it.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 40.9%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 39 35.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back