New Tank now which light?

D.WhiteShark

Shoulder Deep in Saltwater.......Again
View Badges
Joined
Jul 7, 2017
Messages
1,396
Reaction score
1,058
Location
Paso Robles, CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just picked up an Innovative Marine AIO Fusion 20g Long (24Lx11Dx13T) and I need a new light. Max width for the area is 27 inches wide.

Goal is for a general mixed reef. Nothing crazy but I'd like to be prepared in case I find something crazy that I want to try.

What is a solid light that will look good as a stand-alone fixture since the tank is rimless, and I do not plan to have a top on it.

I already have an older 24" Aquatic Life T5 hybrid and a couple AI Prime 16 LEDs that I considered using but I feel like that may be way too much for such a shallow tank.

Can I see some set-ups and get some ideas of what's working on your small tanks?
 
If you already have 2 AI primes, it's probably your best and cheapest option. If you need more light add the t5 or upgrade later.
 
If you already have 2 AI primes, it's probably your best and cheapest option. If you need more light add the t5 or upgrade later.
I was actually thinking I might need less light. The Primes can be dialed down but the t5's cannot although they are only 24w each.
 
2 Primes

Nicrew Gen 2 100

AI Blade Grow in 21" or a couple 12"

I used Blades on my 25g AIO

IMG_2277.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 19 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new