New tank pre cycled?

andrews55

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 26, 2023
Messages
44
Reaction score
8
Location
Shropshire
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone I was just wonder I have a 60 liter tank I was thinking of upgrading to a 120 liter tank I already have a sump connected with lots of bio media to the 60 liter already cycled with fish in would I be able to just swap the tanks over quick and and my system would still be cycled or am I wrong in thinking this thanks
 
if you use the mature bio media from the old tank, should be no new cycle.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new