OP
OP
Z

zacharyv

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I have a question my blue hippo tang is rubbing lots and my bristle tooth tang has a spot under his mouth that looks like he has worn off the shin I don't believe it's ich but not sure all water is good had a corels die the this happen

OP
OP
Z

zacharyv

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I have a question my blue hippo tang is rubbing lots and my bristle tooth tang has a spot under his mouth that looks like he has worn off the shin I don't believe it's ich but not sure all water is good had a corels die the this happen
Like it seems like he's rubbing his chin raw I've done two 25% tank changed water changes in the last few days I'm not sure if the corals had anything to do with it and then also my enemy he has lost some spines and this all kind of started after I had a salinity Spike doing a water change about 3 weeks ago

OP
OP
Z

zacharyv

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like it seems like he's rubbing his chin raw I've done two 25% tank changed water changes in the last few days I'm not sure if the corals had anything to do with it and then also my enemy he has lost some spines and this all kind of started after I had a salinity Spike doing a water change about 3 weeks ago
So what I'm wondering is could it be the urchins spines that fell out that are irritating them could it be the death of the coral which I removed

OP
OP
Z

zacharyv

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what I'm wondering is could it be the urchins spines that fell out that are irritating them could it be the death of the coral which I removed
Now when I look real closely the blue hippo Tang does have a lot of little blue or a lot of like little white Speck things on the one side of them how do I take care of it in a saltwater aquarium

Rjukan

Day Dreamer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately the fish came in with disease and since your system is so new, it can't help them fight it off. You will have to catch them and set up a quarantine tank to apply medications. This isn't something I know anything about, so hopefully the medics will reply.

You can start by listing your system specs, tank size, equipment... also, how did you cycle the tank? Water parameters with actual values, also a couple pictures of the tank with just white lights on, and pics of fish. I know they will ask for video in white light of the fish breathing.

OP
OP
Z

zacharyv

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately the fish came in with disease and since your system is so new, it can't help them fight it off. You will have to catch them and set up a quarantine tank to apply medications. This isn't something I know anything about, so hopefully the medics will reply.

You can start by listing your system specs, tank size, equipment... also, how did you cycle the tank? Water parameters with actual values, also a couple pictures of the tank with just white lights on, and pics of fish. I know they will ask for video in white light of the fish breathing.
Hello I have some questions about the hydrogen peroxide treatment for velvet and ick my tank is a 32 and 1/2 gallon tank I'm wondering how many milliliters I dose a day and how many times a day for the first week if this works I unfortunately cannot take my fish out and put them in a separate tank

OP
OP
Z

zacharyv

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I have some questions about the hydrogen peroxide treatment for velvet and ick my tank is a 32 and 1/2 gallon tank I'm wondering how many milliliters I dose a day and how many times a day for the first week if this works I unfortunately cannot take my fish out and put them in a separate tank
Is one mil per 8 gallons right and then that twice a day morning and evening

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back