new tank RED SEA MAX 130

chefishman

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 29, 2012
Messages
104
Reaction score
1
Location
United States california
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i scored me a new tank. Red Sea Max 130 tank used.Well the lights , timer and moonlights work. But everything else is missing, the pumps heater, filter and skimmer are missing...But i scored the tank for 100 bucks even . I figure upgrade teh cooling fans and run a cannister filter for a start , any other sugestions :)
 

Attachments

  • 1276900_596272873768969_2088184392_o.jpg
    1276900_596272873768969_2088184392_o.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 182
Moved to current forum: member tanks.

Please keep us updated with your progress!! I'll be following along!! :)
 
So using 1 of the 2 stock compact lights. And i went with a magnum 350 cannister with the micron cartridge cleaning and water change once a week. For the first couple months I fought algee badd, like had to clean the glass every 2 days and alge was growing like a carpet ! it was frustrating so bad, i had never had a tank algee breakout that bad i almost gutted and retrofit the hood with new lights thinking the PC was too much. now I am glad I did not.
Well after getting it planted up and I put in a pleco its been great . 5 weeks now since i had to clean the glass. All of my plants have doubled or tripled in size with the hairgrass just getting planted last night completing the tank. plants are 5 amazon swords, some jave ferns, 1 pack of hairgrass i divided into 25 pieces , and some wendetti. cheers :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 8.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new