New tank transfer...is this ok?

Justin_92_92

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 1, 2013
Messages
108
Reaction score
2
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Setting up my 40g breeder size tank. But my current tank has a bad red algae issue. Would I be ok to rinse the live rock and transplant to new tank or would that be not good?

I would expect a cycle, but I can do that before I put the few fish I have in there.
 
If the algae issue is cyanobacteria, it would only be a temporary fix. Even if you move to a different aquarium, there is an issue with the original tank (water quality, nitrate, phosphate, etc.) that needs to be addressed or you will just have the same issue all over again in the new tank. Good luck!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new