New tank, Which fish to add?

TriggerFan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK guys/gals. I will be getting delivery of my dream tank soon. it is a 120" L x 36" D x 30" H - 560-gallon DT.
This being said, I kept some fish from my previous tank in several 40-gallon breeder tanks:

1) Achilles Tang
2) Powder Blue Tang
3) Sohal Tang
4) Yellow Tang
5) African Yellow Blue Belly Tang
6) Blonde Naso Tang

I will have a mixed reef tank. SPS, Softies and some LPS (No Zoas) and will have TampaBay Saltwater live sand and some rock for the bio-diversity and a pretty large amount of CUC.

I am wondering what other fish can / should I add to my tank? I would love to have a Regal Angel, Blue Face Angel, Red Tail Trigger Fish, Some Wrasse (Cleaner), and a school of small fish (10 -15 fish school), Maybe a FoxFace and a Quoyi Parrotfish? Not sure if a Mandarin will survive with these tank-mates.

I am fully aware of the compatibility list around, hence why I am asking around based on your experience.

I will appreciate your suggestions.

Last edited:

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK guys/gals. I will be getting delivery of my dream tank soon. it is a 120" L x 36" D x 30" H - 560-gallon DT.
This being said, I kept some fish from my previous tank in several 40-gallon breeder tanks:

1) Achilles Tang
2) Powder Blue Tang
3) Sohal Tang
4) Yellow Tang
5) African Yellow Blue Belly Tang
6) Blonde Naso Tang

I will have a mixed reef tank. SPS, Softies and some LPS (No Zoas) and will have TampaBay Saltwater live sand and some rock for the bio-diversity and a pretty large amount of CUC.

I am wondering what other fish can / should I add to my tank? I would love to have a Regal Angel, Blue Face Angel, Red Tail Trigger Fish, Some Wrasse (Cleaner), and a school of small fish (10 -15 fish school), Maybe a FoxFace and a Quoyi Parrotfish? Not sure if a Mandarin will survive with these tank-mates.

I am fully aware of the compatibility list around, hence why I am asking around based on your experience.

I will appreciate your suggestions.
All could work though regal is easily bullied. Blue face are quite shy. Skip the mandarin. Could work, congrats on the amazing tank!! The parrotfish is a cool addition! Keep us posted! :)

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 53 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back