New tank with a hitchhiker?

SWstart

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 25, 2021
Messages
44
Reaction score
16
Location
bloomfield
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently invested in a tank from someone who was moving. The coral was beautiful and everything looked healthy and well. I recently noticed a new small white mass on a rock that was in the tank that was never there before. After some small investigating me and my wife thought that it was a anemone but can’t tell what type due to it being a juvenile. I’m new to the site and to the hobby, I’m hoping I may find a few answers to some questions like, will this grow into something dangerous In my tank? Like a coral, snail, shrimp, or fish killer? The specimen is very small, maybe the side of the end of a pencil eraser? It is beautiful and if undesired will be given to another saltwater enthusiast.

45092D12-5A4F-412E-834D-52E31A28CAF9.jpeg 7165CC5B-784E-4953-BD77-C5B7F490CEBF.jpeg
 
I tried to get a few better pictures
 

Attachments

  • FAB82823-FA55-4DCA-B968-8ED100E099E9.jpeg
    FAB82823-FA55-4DCA-B968-8ED100E099E9.jpeg
    130.3 KB · Views: 74
  • A6A9E035-C5F8-4333-BFDF-8D0EEDF193D2.jpeg
    A6A9E035-C5F8-4333-BFDF-8D0EEDF193D2.jpeg
    131.2 KB · Views: 78

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new