New tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter chases
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

chases

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 5, 2023
Messages
36
Reaction score
16
Location
des moines
What state or country do you live in
Iowa
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had my aquarium for close to over 3 weeks now and I’ve been monitoring the amonia and nitrate levels the ammonia has now dropped to 0 and nitrate is below 15mg does that mean that my tank is now cycled and ready or should I continue to wait
 
Sounds like it's cycled to me. How large is your tank and how much rock is in there?
 
I agree that the tank sounds cycled! What are you using to test your levels?
 
If you want to make sure you can manually dose ammonia or put a bit of food to make ammonia rise and test against later to see if nitrates rise. But from the parameters you've given it does look your tank has finished cycling.
 
If you want to make sure you can manually dose ammonia or put a bit of food to make ammonia rise and test against later to see if nitrates rise. But from the parameters you've given it does look your tank has finished cycling.
Forgot to mention I have been ghost feeding the tank as well
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new