New Tank

birddawg

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 15, 2022
Messages
86
Reaction score
10
Location
Texas
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, I am in the process of getting an Innovative Marine 25 Lagoon. I currently have a tank with live rock in it. A couple of weeks ago I took out probably 5-10 lbs of rock that was in the tank which was live rock. I dried it out and it has been in the sun the past 2-3 weeks. Is it good if I use that old live rock that is now dry rock into the new tank to start cycling?
 
Yes I would still give it a good rinse and brush with some r/o or distilled water but it will be fine to use again
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 23.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 25.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new