New Taxes / Fees on orders.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Tiger-Paws

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rise and grind people. All around I see and hear a bunch of people complaining about all kinds of stuff. But look at how lazy everyone is.

The guy that complains he's over weight but doesn't want to go to the gym.

The guy that complains he doesn't make enough. But turns down the 20 hours of overtime every week.

The people that complain cause they don't want to work harder. So your 1000 tank is now 1100. SO WHAT!!

The problem is everyone works for what is given to them. Maybe slightly moving up the ladder. NO!! you need to insist more pay. If the price of goods, taxes, everything goes up the way it does. Why not the price for your time? Cost of supplies goes up in recession so do my prices. And I stayed slammed (Cause I work hard and do a great job, everyday).

Complaining is a waiste of energy. Just imagine if you put the energy from this post into positive energy on a project.

Instead of complaining and asking how to get rid of it. Ask yourself, what can I do to make a lot more money.

And I have friends with one arm and one leg or know legs, making millions. Online companies, motivated speeches, and all kinds of different professions they have. They never complain and never have excuses.

We live in a needy, cry baby, liberal America.

Quit complaining and go get those extra tax dollars.
Generally I agree, far too many people are lazy, that said not everyone is still working, some of us are retired and on a fixed income (abit a well funded retirement) and are of an age that working is no longer an option. So your statement is not universal.

As I stated before I have called, written, e-mailed and spoken personally with my representatives and while they listened I have zero confidence that anything will happen. Still I tried and I will continue to try.

I agree complaining accomplishes little, I will do everything possible to avoid paying additional taxes, just this morning I ordered a number of items which were on sale and from companies which have yet to be implement the new taxes. I even prepaid for my new Reef Savvy Tank so that I will not have to pay the coming sales tax.

As I said before there is always a way.

Potatohead

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
...And once again Tiger-Paws jumps into a thread explaining how he and everyone else should skirt the system, proceed with illegal actions and do everything possible not to pay taxes that are due. Screw everyone else except for him. lol

Rispa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Taxes here in the US are a crazy convuluted mess. We are taxed so many times on each dollar. Again a Texas perspective. The company is taxed for what they earn then they pay the employee and the employee is taxed for what they earn, then they go out and buy something and are taxed on that. On top of that you are taxed on your property and water and very soon the air you breathe (a prediction here). If you have dual citizenship and the other country isn't forgiving you are faced by both countries as well. Schools don't currently teach it like it is. It's once you're out of school that you realize that your hourly wage isn't really what you thought it was.

Yesterday I was talking to someone about if she won the lotto in Canada and learned she would have to pay the US for that and if you try to lose citizenship the US imposes an even bigger tax.

I don't think this online tax thing will stand. If it does it will cripple the economy decreasing how much the government can collect. On the other hand I could see special brick and motor stores in good tax zones that you go to to buy what you would have bought online before. But then again that's another middle man and markup, so maybe not.

ReefWithCare

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LoL! You ARE really living in La, La Land if you expect the vast majority of people to actually fill out a form like that. [emoji33];Clown;Dead;Dummy;Dummy1;Facepalm;Hilarious;Jawdrop

If and mean if a company begins to report my purchases to a state or any state tax agency, I will stop doing business with that company. If necessary I will order my product from overseas or I will simply ship them back myself during one of my many overseas trips where I do not pay a VAT or a sales tax.

There is always a way around any system. I already order a number of items from China, check out https://www.aliexpress.com or https://www.alibaba.com/. I have had no trouble ordering from either, full refunds when necessary, more often than not I receive exactly the same product for 1/2 the price as purchasing it locally. No sales tax, free shipping, sure I have to wait 2 to 3 weeks, so what.

You are part of the problem if you are buying from those sites [emoji849].

Anyone else find an issue with epacket fr m China to US being dirt cheap but domestic mail costing a fortune [emoji848]

ReefWithCare

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rise and grind people. All around I see and hear a bunch of people complaining about all kinds of stuff. But look at how lazy everyone is.

The guy that complains he doesn't make enough. But turns down the 20 hours of overtime every week.

The people that complain cause they don't want to work harder. So your 1000 tank is now 1100. SO WHAT!!

The problem is everyone works for what is given to them. Maybe slightly moving up the ladder. NO!! you need to insist more pay. If the price of goods, taxes, everything goes up the way it does. Why not the price for your time? Cost of supplies goes up in recession so do my prices. And I stayed slammed (Cause I work hard and do a great job, everyday).

Complaining is a waiste of energy. Just imagine if you put the energy from this post into positive energy on a project.

Instead of complaining and asking how to get rid of it. Ask yourself, what can I do to make a lot more money.

And I have friends with one arm and one leg or know legs, making millions. Online companies, motivated speeches, and all kinds of different professions they have. They never complain and never have excuses.

I’m offended [emoji14]

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Because I and many others will not claim the purchase and here in TX we do not have a state income tax to file. :)

One of many reasons that I have homes in TX, FL and the Caribbean.
yeah - its common sense that if your state doesn't have an income tax - you dont have to pay income tax - sales tax and use tax are different....lol

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The reason Texas and some other states do not have state income tax is that they have other taxes that make up the difference. Property taxes tend to be higher, sale tax tends to be higher, etc. Anyone that thinks they are going to be able to 'get around' this situation going forward is not thinking clearly. If you don't like your states sales tax - vote for legislators that will change it - of course the way they will change it is to increase income tax rates, etc. But - merely saying 'Im just going to get around it' by cheating the system (which is what you're doing) - isn't right either IMHO

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I make a very good living, and I bet I work just as hard as you if not harder.

It doesn't mean that I should give my state any more money when they haven't shown me that they can responsibility spend the thousands in tax money I already gave them.

You clearly don't value how hard you work for your money.

This thread is beginning to derail.....as usual.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I make a very good living, and I bet I work just as hard as you if not harder.

It doesn't mean that I should give my state any more money when they haven't shown me that they can responsibility spend the thousands in tax money I already gave them.

You clearly don't value how hard you work for your money.

This thread is beginning to derail.....as usual.
Its pretty easy man - follow the laws in your state. If you don't like the laws get them changed. I agree with your philosophy - but unfortunately - there are probably many people in your state that feel differently. Thats how it works in a society, one person doesn't get to just decide to 'not follow the rules'. It doesn't matter how hard you work.

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its pretty easy man - follow the laws in your state. If you don't like the laws get them changed. I agree with your philosophy - but unfortunately - there are probably many people in your state that feel differently. Thats how it works in a society, one person doesn't get to just decide to 'not follow the rules'. It doesn't matter how hard you work.
What rules were I not following? You are making assumptions. I buy online, I don't get charged tax. I buy in NH, I don't get charged tax.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What rules were I not following? You are making assumptions. I buy online, I don't get charged tax. I buy in NH, I don't get charged tax.

I didn't say you weren't following rules. I said follow the rules in your state. I have no way to know what state you live in... I also said I agreed with your philosophy. As to my other comment I was referring to this (that you said: It doesn't mean that I should give my state any more money when they haven't shown me that they can responsibility spend the thousands in tax money I already gave them.) The implication was that you agreed with those who said - its fine to just not pay the sales tax if its due.

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't say you weren't following rules. I said follow the rules in your state. I have no way to know what state you live in... I also said I agreed with your philosophy. As to my other comment I was referring to this (that you said: It doesn't mean that I should give my state any more money when they haven't shown me that they can responsibility spend the thousands in tax money I already gave them.) The implication was that you agreed with those who said - its fine to just not pay the sales tax if its due.
I got you. I was referring to the guy who said to shut up and pay the extra $100 in tax and work harder. If I can avoid the tax, I am not going to pay it. I live in MA, they waste enough of my money already.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Taxes here in the US are a crazy convuluted mess. We are taxed so many times on each dollar. Again a Texas perspective. The company is taxed for what they earn then they pay the employee and the employee is taxed for what they earn, then they go out and buy something and are taxed on that. On top of that you are taxed on your property and water and very soon the air you breathe (a prediction here). If you have dual citizenship and the other country isn't forgiving you are faced by both countries as well. Schools don't currently teach it like it is. It's once you're out of school that you realize that your hourly wage isn't really what you thought it was.

Yesterday I was talking to someone about if she won the lotto in Canada and learned she would have to pay the US for that and if you try to lose citizenship the US imposes an even bigger tax.

I don't think this online tax thing will stand. If it does it will cripple the economy decreasing how much the government can collect. On the other hand I could see special brick and motor stores in good tax zones that you go to to buy what you would have bought online before. But then again that's another middle man and markup, so maybe not.

All of my Internet purchases have been taxed (for at least the last year). Wayfair just announced that they have been collecting sales tax on 80 percent of the goods they sell for quite a while. So I dont think this is going to 'cripple' the economy. It will be bad for small internet businesses - and it will be good for local businesses. It will be bad for consumers - as the benefit of the internet is you can find almost anything if you want it. If some small internet retailers 'go away' this will be bad for everyone. I predict that large software/finance companies will develop software to enable state tax collection and sell it to small businesses - and because of the much bigger market for this software the prices will drop considerably (due to competition).

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I got you. I was referring to the guy who said to shut up and pay the extra $100 in tax and work harder. If I can avoid the tax, I am not going to pay it. I live in MA, they waste enough of my money already.

Right - then (unless there is some kind of agreement between the states.). you are not following the 'rules' - don't shoot the messenger. Im not saying lots of people dont do it - because its clear that they do - but you're supposed to pay MA tax (in MA) if you buy something in NH -unless there is some kind of agreement between the states.

Tiger-Paws

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are part of the problem if you are buying from those sites [emoji849].

Anyone else find an issue with epacket fr m China to US being dirt cheap but domestic mail costing a fortune [emoji848]
Just gaming the system while I do my best to change it.

Gil03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems like if I'm going to be taxed buying online through a site like BRS or Marine Depot then I might as well just stop using them and get it locally since I'm taxed either way. Being a Veteran I usually get a % discount anyway, I can see most people doing this and sites like BRS and MD are going to take the hit while local small business will benefit somewhat.

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have Urban Enterprise Zones in New Jersey where the sales tax rate is less than half (3.3125%) the normal state sales tax rate. I wonder if you have an e-purchased item shipped to an address in one of these zones you would be taxed at this lower rate?

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure how much this will really help local businesses. I stated earlier that there have been several recent surveys/studies and something like 10% of the people said sales taxes would keep them from buying online.

Mental note, never do business with Tiger-Paws. He will definitely be trying to cheat me out of my money.

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems like if I'm going to be taxed buying online through a site like BRS or Marine Depot then I might as well just stop using them and get it locally since I'm taxed either way. Being a Veteran I usually get a % discount anyway, I can see most people doing this and sites like BRS and MD are going to take the hit while local small business will benefit somewhat.
Going to the LFS isn't usually a pleasant experience.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.4%

Back