New to 2part, b ionic?

Somethingfishy_

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will this product help me raise& maintain my alk? My fritz salt mixes at 7.7dkh and I want it around 9. Also my calcium is 470. Or is there a better product? Reef fusion 1&2 and fritz 2part are what I’m also considering.

0E03558C-E0AE-4267-87D4-4EBC6F61ED2E.png

Reefelite

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
B-ionic is what I use but it is very concentrated compared to most other 2 part solutions. This is good if you want to use less and it supposedly has other beneficial elements but they do not disclose what it is. However, any 2 part will work for you.

OP
OP
S

Somethingfishy_

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
B-ionic is what I use but it is very concentrated compared to most other 2 part solutions. This is good if you want to use less and it supposedly has other beneficial elements but they do not disclose what it is. However, any 2 part will work for you.
I’m probably about to order it now, do I need to dose equal parts or can I just dose alk if my alk is low and Ca is a lil high?

Reefelite

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can just dose alk since the calcium is high. Depending on how many corals you have your calcium should drop. Check it again after a week of dosing alkalinity and if it hasn’t dropped try a new test kit. I use Salifert.

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ESV B-Ionic is my favorite 2 part.
Not nearly as concentrated as Reef Fusion, but more concentrated that BRS.
I don't recommend Reef Fusion; it may elevate your potassium level higher than you want, even with normal use.
Dosing both components equally is generally recommended, but not necessarily required.

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ESV B-Ionic is my favorite 2 part.
Not nearly as concentrated as Reef Fusion, but more concentrated that BRS.
I don't recommend Reef Fusion; it may elevate your potassium level higher than you want, even with normal use.
Dosing both components equally is generally recommended, but not necessarily required.

Also like the ESV product. I dose the 2 part along with their mag. Numbers stay solid once dialed in using dosers. Supposed to include other trace elements and be pure

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m probably about to order it now, do I need to dose equal parts or can I just dose alk if my alk is low and Ca is a lil high?

I would dose equal parts unless and until you find that calcium is actually getting too high (550 ppm+). Calcium testing is not generally accurate enough to fine tune dosing except over long term trending.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 126 59.2%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 29.1%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 76 35.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 36 16.9%
  • Other

Votes: 63 29.6%
Back