New to Brain Corals

ArowanaLover1902

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 26, 2016
Messages
1,276
Reaction score
1,052
What state or country do you live in
South Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was at my LFS looking for a good coral piece, they didn't have a really good big one, so I ended up spending the money on two brains (it was 2 for 40) and a "designer" zoa (I've never supported designer stuff before but this was a stunning piece I haven't seen before). I've got other healthy LPS (a duncan and frogspawn) that are growing, but do brain's have any different care. It was a bit of a sudden buy, it was just a good deal for a good price, I thought why not, I paid a ton of money so I could have SPS, but I haven't seen one I like yet (plus I don't have room).
 
Bottom of tank, low to medium light, low to moderate indirect flow and feedings of reef nutrition oyster feast, reef roids and LRS reef frenzy keep ours happy.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new