New to corals and reefing in genral.

jimmeiners79

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been in the hobby for many years off and on with fresh water tanks. This past February i decided to get into saltwater. I was originally going to just do a fowlr tank that was 15 gallons to start. Needless to say after about a month i purchased a 93 cube aquarium and set it up. Currently I have 2 clown fish, 2 banghi cardinals, 1 royal gramma, and a bonded pair of pink bar gobies with a pistol shrimp in the tank. With that said i finally decided to do some corals. I bought random zoa frag, and a frag of a type of leather coral i belive is what i was told. I recently purchased a piece of GSP and glued it to my overflow wier( i know it spreads and can take over the tank if not kept in check.). My question is what are some other good beginer types of corals to start with and where should they be placed in the tank?

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!! I have found that most LPS and softies are a little more forgiving. Acans and Blastomussa are great corals that aren't very hard to keep.

Bryn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R. Maintaining your parameters has a great affect on how your corals will do. Some are more forgiving than others, so stability is very important across the tank. From there really light can determine where you places things and what you can have, along with flow. Don't rule out SPS because everyone says they are difficult, just do your research.

All the best, and again, welcome.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Welcome to the R2R community !!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 29.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 38.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back