New to forum. Fluvel evo upgrade?

gabrielw94106

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to r2r! I personally recommend the 1st chamber box out of the 2 because it forces the water to go through each chamber more efficiently than the sponge brick in chamber 2 or the chamber 2 box. I fill my top with filter floss then chemipure blue and seachem purigen in the 3rd compartment. My second chamber has marine pure biogems as they were cheaper than the cubes . Sorry for the long post but welcome!

ShepherdReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi from Newcastle in the uk! Just got my 1st tank 1 week ago so new to the reef game! I have the fluvel evo 13.5 but already looking to upgrade my filtration. I see you can get the media basket for chamber one or chamber two. Which way is best to go about it and what would i put in the other chamber thats not used. Thanks

Hello and welcome to the channel.

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome good to have you on deck here! Reef2Reef is a great place to be to meet people with similar interests as yourself and gain tons of knowledge about the hobby!

If you get a chance check out my YouTube channel I have episodes about R2R itself, and just my reefing journey in general! Hope to hear from you soon and welcome again!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 101 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.8%
Back