Welcome!
5C68D30B-F813-4F7E-8F82-AA49F6767503.gif

Jimbhoy13

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New to saltwater and have been a member for a little while now. Been lurking and gaining knowledge on this new endeavor. The wife has finally approved a saltwater since we are moving into our new home next month. It will be a custom size tank 54”x30”x30”, like they say go big or go home! Excited already and kids can’t wait for Nemo and Dory.
Welcome to R2R and the salty world Nick. Your kids will love it. Lots of knowledgable and helpful people here who will support and advise you when needed.

OP
OP
nickm

nickm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
giphy.gif

Welcome to Reef2Reef!

It sounds like an exciting project. Will you do a build thread? That's what I spent most of my time looking at on this board before I joined. There are so many other forums that I look through now, but I'm still dreaming of starting a project like yours! My wife never seems to take my idea about running a big tank in the room that shares a wall with the garage so I can plumb it into a fish room I build out there. If I ever have another house built, it will have a plan for an aquarium!

Yes I will do a build tread when I get the tank and start the actual build. I’m still collecting equipment for the big build. This was her idea for a saltwater so I ran with it’s easier to have a big tank with swings than a smaller one.

OP
OP
nickm

nickm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R. How about tips on how to convince that significant other to buy into reefing (LOL)?

Well it was her idea because she doesn’t want an repurposed tank in the new house. So ran with it also, it was a big surprise when she said let’s do a SW tank.

Nanorock1970

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R and the wonderful folks, information and help.
Patience, it is the big word around here, Reefing is patience to cycle, to watch things grow, to keep your tank balanced.
I recommend to everyone joining to create a tank build thread.
1. You get to see where you have started and how much you have grown in this hobby.
2. We love pictures and to see what your doing with your tank.
3. It’s a great learning tool for all of us to see what works and doesn’t . We learn great stuff from each other.
Lastly the only bad question here is the one not asked...

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 86.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back