New to Nanos!!!

Savanna’sReefAndFish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I have a 10g freshwater and my beta decided to jump out today and commit suicide so I’m tearing down my tank I really just hate freshwater and would rather stick to saltwater (for whatever reaosn it’s easier for me, I have a 40g mixed reef that’s been up and working for the last at 3 years). What are some stocking ideas? I would assume mainly just clowns and maybe Gobys? I plan to make it a reef so maybe drop down some suggestions that are reef safe

biophilia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A single clown would work fine. I've kept gobies and also helsinki firefish in 10g tanks without issue. A clown goby is a great bet, but only if you're not keeping any stony corals. They'll often chow down on SPS polyps. Another beautiful fish that will work fine as far as temperament (but maybe pushing it a bit on size) is a royal gramma. A few barnacle blennies would also be cool.

Welcome to the world of nanos! I think you'll find them both more challenging and easy at the same time. A 10 gallon is not going to tolerate neglect like a bigger tank, but there are also very few problems you'll run into with a 10 gallon that can't be solved with a quick 5 gallon water change.

Hello! I have a 10g freshwater and my beta decided to jump out today and commit suicide so I’m tearing down my tank I really just hate freshwater and would rather stick to saltwater (for whatever reaosn it’s easier for me, I have a 40g mixed reef that’s been up and working for the last at 3 years). What are some stocking ideas? I would assume mainly just clowns and maybe Gobys? I plan to make it a reef so maybe drop down some suggestions that are reef safe

OP
OP
S

Savanna’sReefAndFish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A single clown would work fine. I've kept gobies and also helsinki firefish in 10g tanks without issue. A clown goby is a great bet, but only if you're not keeping any stony corals. They'll often chow down on SPS polyps. Another beautiful fish that will work fine as far as temperament (but maybe pushing it a bit on size) is a royal gramma. A few barnacle blennies would also be cool.

Welcome to the world of nanos! I think you'll find them both more challenging and easy at the same time. A 10 gallon is not going to tolerate neglect like a bigger tank, but there are also very few problems you'll run into with a 10 gallon that can't be solved with a quick 5 gallon water change.
Thank you for the options! Before my 40g I actually used to have a 20g seahorse tank so I’m familiar with problems ;)

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 11 84.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 7.7%
Back