new to r2f (rodi unit question)

Raging Franky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thank you for adding me to r2r.
i currently have a jbj45 flat panel and my dream tank would be a red sea 350 g2. (way out of my price range)

i am out of water and went to change my filters in my rodi unit before making a fresh batch.
the ro membrane i ordered was a MEM-SP-0090 but i was sent a MEM-SP-0150.

QUESTION: maybe a dumb one.
can i use the 150gpd filter in my 90gpd rodi unit as is or will this create problems?
also if i can use the 150gpd membrane in my 90gpd rodi unit will the water quality be less than optimal?

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i currently have a jbj45 flat panel and my dream tank would be a red sea 350 g2. (way out of my price range)

i am out of water and went to change my filters in my rodi unit before making a fresh batch.
the ro membrane i ordered was a MEM-SP-0090 but i was sent a MEM-SP-0150.

QUESTION: maybe a dumb one.
can i use the 150gpd filter in my 90gpd rodi unit as is or will this create problems?
also if i can use the 150gpd membrane in my 90gpd rodi unit will the water quality be less than optimal?

Welcome! Glad you joined. I'll defer to others because if it were me, I'd contact where I bought them and get correct ones.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

tharbin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! As others have said, I would talk to the manufacturer. In general, for the same size and number of membranes at the same pressure, a higher gpd is usually achieved by a lower rejection rate. That would mean that you would probably burn through your DI Resin more quickly.

R2R-Welcome3.jpg

Wrassenaround

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef! Not sure on question regarding the RO unit. As far as your dream tank being a 350 G2 I have nothing bad to say about them. I purchased one in May of this year and it has been amazing. A lot better than the original. Check out my build thread to see the progress if you are interested.

davidcalgary29

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Off topic, but I bought a G1 350 in Edmonton last year for $800 complete. DO join the Edmonton Saltwater Enthusiasts Facebook page; they cover all of central and northern Alberta and, if you're diligent, you'll probably be able to pick up your dream tank for a third of retail.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 41.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.8%
Back