New to R2R and setting up first reef!

Hello All!

My name is Zach and I'm from Biloxi, MS.

I'm not really new to the fish tank game as I have had a lot of freshwater and FOWLR tanks over the year, but I finally have my own house (almost built) and it is time for me to finally build my reef.

I have a 150G tank that I am going to setup for my display and run the Triton method.

I am also going to use dry rock to start my tank (don't want to risk introducing any critters) and run a nitrogen cycle. I haven't done this before and as an engineer, I like trying and learning new things.

Any advice anyone has on setting up a new tank from scratch running the Triton method, feel free to send all the info you can!
Welcome to R2R and the salty world Zach. Lots of knowledgable and helpful people here who will support and advise you when needed.
 
Welcome and good luck. I am new to SW and have modified my dining room into my den/fish room. My sump and water mixing are in the basement. The floor drilling and plumbing are luxuries I decided on in my home. I am probably here for good. Before, I worried about setting something up only to move in a year or two, and have to tear it down. I am interested in the different ways people address the issues in developing their Salty Style. I look forward to your experiences so please share. I get such pleasure from discovering what comes out of my live rock. I bought some pieces from my LFS that customers had turned in. lots of good hitch hikers and so far nothing bad.
 
1592358118759.gif
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 2 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new