New to R2R, back into the hobby

PieMan2k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all! My name is Josh and I am a senior in college graduating in May 2022 and commissioning into the Air Force as a 92T0, pilot trainee. I have kept a reef before in High School but tore it down when I came to college. In May of 2021 I setup my jbj 20 cube with a radion xr15 G4 w/ diffuser. I have some corals but the tank has some wacky stuff going on with it, alkalinity is SUPER low so I am working on that to improve the health of corals. I would always love to go bigger on a tank but with the Air Force moving me, I don't want to have to deal with moving a 100g plus system across the country every 2 to 3 years.

Other hobbies I do are competitive handgun shooting, woodworking, fishing, hiking, and playing computer games.

tharbin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R Josh and thank you for your service. IMO a 20 gallon is a nice size as it is big enough to be serious and small enough to move without major hassle.

R2RWelcome.jpg

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all! My name is Josh and I am a senior in college graduating in May 2022 and commissioning into the Air Force as a 92T0, pilot trainee. I have kept a reef before in High School but tore it down when I came to college. In May of 2021 I setup my jbj 20 cube with a radion xr15 G4 w/ diffuser. I have some corals but the tank has some wacky stuff going on with it, alkalinity is SUPER low so I am working on that to improve the health of corals. I would always love to go bigger on a tank but with the Air Force moving me, I don't want to have to deal with moving a 100g plus system across the country every 2 to 3 years.

Other hobbies I do are competitive handgun shooting, woodworking, fishing, hiking, and playing computer games.

Welcome! Thank you for your service. Glad you joined and glad you are returning to hobby.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

OP
OP
P

PieMan2k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R Josh and thank you for your service. IMO a 20 gallon is a nice size as it is big enough to be serious and small enough to move without major hassle.

R2RWelcome.jpg
thanks for the welcome!
Welcome! Thank you for your service. Glad you joined and glad you are returning to hobby.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:
I plan on setting one up tonight; just finished a water change so I am waiting on things to settle down for a FTS and some coral shots.

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Welcome to R2R

Welcome to R2R.JPG

ProxyAquarist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
...I am a senior in college graduating in May 2022 and commissioning into the Air Force as a 92T0, pilot trainee. I have kept a reef before ....

Welcome to R2R and welcome back to reefing !

Please accept our family's thanks for choosing to serve the country.

Best wishes for your last semester and 2022,
Jim

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 17 28.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 50 83.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 9 15.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.0%
Back