New to R2R

KBALON23

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 4, 2024
Messages
3
Reaction score
44
Location
Jacksonville
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy,

New to the saltwater aquarium space. Definitely more experienced in the freshwater realm. I started up a 30g saltwater tank (tank cycled about a month before any inputs into tank), with 2 gsp frags, Tomato Clown, and a yellow tail damsel, with other crabs and snails. Excited to join the community and learn! Always open to suggestions and upgrades.

IMG_8576.jpg IMG_8577.jpg
 
Greetings and welcome to the reef! Looks like you're off to a good start.
 
Howdy,

New to the saltwater aquarium space. Definitely more experienced in the freshwater realm. I started up a 30g saltwater tank (tank cycled about a month before any inputs into tank), with 2 gsp frags, Tomato Clown, and a yellow tail damsel, with other crabs and snails. Excited to join the community and learn! Always open to suggestions and upgrades.

IMG_8576.jpg IMG_8577.jpg
Welcome to R2R!
 
Howdy,

New to the saltwater aquarium space. Definitely more experienced in the freshwater realm. I started up a 30g saltwater tank (tank cycled about a month before any inputs into tank), with 2 gsp frags, Tomato Clown, and a yellow tail damsel, with other crabs and snails. Excited to join the community and learn! Always open to suggestions and upgrades.

IMG_8576.jpg IMG_8577.jpg
Be aware that the GSP will spread through all the rocks. If that is what you want, you can keep like this. But if you want to put other corals, I would recommend to glue the GSP in an apart rock, because can be hard to remove in the future. I like the GSP wall on the back glass (like here in my tank).
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    256.7 KB · Views: 66
Be aware that the GSP will spread through all the rocks. If that is what you want, you can keep like this. But if you want to put other corals, I would recommend to glue the GSP in an apart rock, because can be hard to remove in the future. I like the GSP wall on the back glass (like here in my tank).
I think That is the look I am trying to go for the time being, as coming from a very dense planted freshwater tank, I am trying to go the route of having the gsp cover the rocks, almost to mimic grass or a planted look.
 
I think That is the look I am trying to go for the time being, as coming from a very dense planted freshwater tank, I am trying to go the route of having the gsp cover the rocks, almost to mimic grass or a planted look.
Great!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new