New to R2R

Simon Cushing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,
My Name is simon I live in Stratford upon Avon in the UK.
I am a Newbie to this Forum, I have a custom made 60g reef cube which is now 5yrs old, so you could say it's a well established cube. I mainly keep softies due to the fact that I have fairly high Nitrates 25ppm but I am due to do a breakdown early next year, i.e. Change the sand and rocks etc.
One question I would like to ask is that I recently changed my old Jebao DC 600 for the new model Jebao DCP 65000 after 5yrs without any issues. I need to ask how to set the flow rate on the control panel.
On my old return pump the setting was 70% on the control panel, on my new one I have it set on 50% but I need to know if it's too high as I have a 3 chamber 10g sump, with no reactors or fuge I just have a Tunze Doc Skimmer 9006. Do I need to Match the flow rate to my skimmer pump ? I have the drain on a trickle from the weir into the sump. Many thanks for any advice , plus I hope this makes sense too.

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R :D.. lots of great information and lots of great people here to help.

Your flow rate is mostly personal preference and you don’t need to match it to your skimmer.. the only thing to avoid is moving more water than your overflow can handle.

OP
OP
Simon Cushing

Simon Cushing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R :D.. lots of great information and lots of great people here to help.

Your flow rate is mostly personal preference and you don’t need to match it to your skimmer.. the only thing to avoid is moving more water than your overflow can handle.
Thanks for the welcome :) so..I will leave the setting at 50% the water movement through the overflow is fine, i have room to manoeuvre on this if I wish to increase the flow. Thanks so much for the advice ;)

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the welcome :) so..I will leave the setting at 50% the water movement through the overflow is fine, i have room to manoeuvre on this if I wish to increase the flow. Thanks so much for the advice ;)

Your welcome :)

OP
OP
Simon Cushing

Simon Cushing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 60g cube

IMG_0005.JPG

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you so much Jason ;) As I recently stated earlier that I'm finding my way around this wonderful forum:) plus what a cracking site this is ;) plus beginning to meet such great people who are just a Handshake across the pond as we Brits say:)
Simon I’m closer than you think , I’m just across the channel in Holland :p... but I was born in good ol’ Blackpool !!!:D:D

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 20.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 47 36.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back