New to R2R

Bfragale

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all! Doing things a bit backwards, lurking and posted a build thread of my sad (but improving!) tank before I introduce myself.
I have been reefing off and on for about 15 years, with my current 29 cube the last 6 years (full story on my build thread). I am land-locked in Eastern WA state, where I am a Veterinarian, sheep and hay farmer, wife, mother, and small business owner.
My tank is tolerated by my hubby because he knows how much I love it; it's my mini tropical getaway.

Welcome to R2R!
I feel same way about my tank. I own and operate a small business and spend much of my time in the office. I’ve been building and keeping a reef tank here for about 4 months now. I can step away from work if for only 2 min- and it changes my whole attitude. This is a very rewarding hobby, even with all the set backs and things I’ve been thru so far. I’ve been keeping a reef tank since 2002, when I was 18 and got my first apartment. I’ve come along way. 1st tank was a free- roadside find- all equipment was either free, or very cheap. Learned many hard lessons lol. Lost everything due to power outage when I was away at my fathers funeral. Got out of the hobby for a bit but could not stop thinking about it until I got another reef tank.

good for your husband, he sounds like a nice guy to “tolerate” your hobby just because you love it so much. (I bet he secretly enjoys the tank as well lol)
Would love to see photos of your tank.

Take care friend, and keep on reefin’!

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad you joined. No such thing as a sad tank.

1580781927646.gif

OP
OP
9Trees29gal

9Trees29gal

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lumii_20200201_135811611.jpg
IMG_20200131_114448758_HDR~2.jpg
IMG_20200125_131402609_HDR.jpg

Thanks all for the incredibly warm welcome. What a great forum! Here are a couple pics.... Still working on my aquarium photography skills, LOL!
Yes, my husband is a wonderful guy; even doing it "budget", we all know this isn't an inexpensive hobby, and the worst he does is roll his eyes.
Still learning so much every day, and that's something I have enjoyed being on R2R...I can look up something fairly advanced on one topic, then totally newbie on another, and there's too info for both.

OP
OP
9Trees29gal

9Trees29gal

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PS; don't judge on the tang.... Got him 6 years ago when I thought I would be upgrading to a larger tank, which didn't happen due to life, but I have to say he is fat and happy, with gorgeous color and mini streamers, and never a day of disease. It's not ideal but seems to be working in this case, and who knows? That 120 might come someday

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 23.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 34.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 53 31.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 8.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back