New to R2R

ramboisreal

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone! I’m new to R2R but not new to reefing. I have a 90 gallons mixed reef tank that’s been up and running for about 5 years.

I had let the tank go and was about to shut it down after both of my parents passed away in 2017 and 2018. I stopped doing maintenance on the tank And stopped caring about everything. By 2019 my tank was overrun by dinos and looked terrible. It was REALLY bad. To the point where I would cover the tank when we had guests over.

Then one day an old friend of the family came to visit me. She knows absolutely nothing about reefing. She said to me that she had an overwhelming sensation to say something to me. She goes on to tell me that I needed to get off my butt and get my tank back in order. Sounded just like my mother. So much so that I took on the mission of bringing my tank back instead of tearing it down. It’s been a long 6 months but I’m glad to say that I think I’ve finally gotten rid of the dinos and my tank is on the up and up.

Anyway glad to be here and am looking forward to learning from others and sharing my experiences with you all.

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
027BB065-74C9-4E8B-B12D-81668270C0C8.gif

OP
OP
R

ramboisreal

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone! I’m really glad my friend (Or my mom) convinced me stay! I love this hobby.

@Jeto2004 @JoshO @dbl I don’t have pictures of the tank when I first started to battle the dinos, but I’ve attached a video of the tank from February (middle of the dinos battle) and a video that I took yesterday of the tank. Still some work to be done but as you can see, major improvement from even 2 months ago.

Attachments

• IMG_4026.MOV
    49.1 MB
  • IMG_4354.MOV
    41.8 MB

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 92 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back