New to R2R

klinri65

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, I am new to R2R. I have been in the hobby since 2002. I am more interested in reefing today than when I started. I still have and enjoy reading my hardback edition of The Complete Book of The Marine Aquarium by Vincent Hargreaves. That is what started it all for me. I also enjoy reading most of R2R forums and articles and really enjoy the Showcase section.

I have a mixed 120-gallon tank. Roughly 60 days ago I switched to Aquaforest Salt and I am dosing Aquaforest components 1, 2, & 3 via three kamoer x1 pumps. It was a little strange to make this switch but it seems to be working out very well. I have three Kessil 360x lights combine with four ATI T5 Blue Plus bulbs. I run a Kessil 360 grow light in a 90 gallon DIY Trition style sump. I still run an ASM Protein Skimmer but it works for me. I like to think "less is more" and I am looking for ways if I plug something new in can I unplug one or two other things. I really enjoy R2R.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!!

Clownfish.gif

Jimbhoy13

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, I am new to R2R. I have been in the hobby since 2002. I am more interested in reefing today than when I started. I still have and enjoy reading my hardback edition of The Complete Book of The Marine Aquarium by Vincent Hargreaves. That is what started it all for me. I also enjoy reading most of R2R forums and articles and really enjoy the Showcase section.

I have a mixed 120-gallon tank. Roughly 60 days ago I switched to Aquaforest Salt and I am dosing Aquaforest components 1, 2, & 3 via three kamoer x1 pumps. It was a little strange to make this switch but it seems to be working out very well. I have three Kessil 360x lights combine with four ATI T5 Blue Plus bulbs. I run a Kessil 360 grow light in a 90 gallon DIY Trition style sump. I still run an ASM Protein Skimmer but it works for me. I like to think "less is more" and I am looking for ways if I plug something new in can I unplug one or two other things. I really enjoy R2R.
Welcome to R2R. Your system sounds good.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 68 30.4%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 62 27.7%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 47 21.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 45 20.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back