New to Reef2Reef and Saltwater

dangit

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 18, 2023
Messages
134
Reaction score
155
Location
Charlotte
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, today is my first day as a reef2reef member. I am planning my first saltwater build and have order a majority of the items I need and am currently waiting for my 48 gal Fiji Cube to be delivered so I can start plumping my sump and begin cycling the tank. I used pvc piping and tips from BRStv to create my first shot at a HNSA for my tank. I can’t wait to get my tank and get everything going. Although this is my first saltwater tank, I have learned a bit of patience through my fresh water tank and will be taking this process slowly as I’d like to avoid all of the uglies that come from rushing into things. I will hopefully be starting my build thread next week once I get my tank and can start adding pictures of the plumping/rock work.
Looking forward to all the tips I can get!
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

Welcome.gif
 
Welcome to R2R and the salty world. Good that you plan to take things slowly. Lots of knowledgeable and helpful people here who will support and advise you when needed.

IMG_9087.png
 
Hi There Best tip I have had is to try to avoid the ugly stage by proper cycling, then regular maintenance and a varied CUC, but above all, enjoy the journey and the tank’s progress along the way. The uglies will get you, but take satisfaction as you persist, overcome the ugly bits and so see the tank grow and improve.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new