New to reef2reef & please help with ID!

LiamTraynor

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 12, 2021
Messages
5
Reaction score
6
Location
South Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howya everybody,

Brand new to reef2reef, been reefing a while though, not to savvy on all the little critters in the tank.

Current setup is Red Sea reefer 350.
ALK: 10.6
CA: 400
MG:1349
PH: 8.25
Salt: 1.024

Could I get an ID on this little guy? They’ve covered the glass out of no where. I recently started adding phytoplankton Daily, are these filter feeders blooming due to the plankton?
Thanks in advance, Liam

28BE4370-7C8A-4234-BA8C-7247696AB17A.jpeg
 
Howya everybody,

Brand new to reef2reef, been reefing a while though, not to savvy on all the little critters in the tank.

Current setup is Red Sea reefer 350.
ALK: 10.6
CA: 400
MG:1349
PH: 8.25
Salt: 1.024

Could I get an ID on this little guy? They’ve covered the glass out of no where. I recently started adding phytoplankton Daily, are these filter feeders blooming due to the plankton?
Thanks in advance, Liam

28BE4370-7C8A-4234-BA8C-7247696AB17A.jpeg
Hydroid jellyfish. Will eventually die off. May proliferate then die off. Wouldnt worry.
AND, WELCOME!!! Head on over the Meet & Greet Forum and introduce yourself.
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef @LiamTraynor !

Did you start the tank with live rock? Wondering how you got that hitchhiker.
sassy drag race GIF by Looney Tunes
I started with about 80lbs or so of Carib sea life dry rock. Although, it was placed in bins with a power head & heater for about 6 months prior to tank introduction.
 
Welcome to R2R! As others have said hydroid. Just part of the ugly stage
 
I started with about 80lbs or so of Carib sea life dry rock. Although, it was placed in bins with a power head & heater for about 6 months prior to tank introduction.
I used the same rocks and got the same hydroids on my glass to, it went away in about a month for me
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 30.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new