New to reef2reef Sump or canister filter

Petert

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 28, 2020
Messages
23
Reaction score
46
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone I’m new to the forum and to reefing I had been Keeping tropicals for many years gave that up with the intention to start marine but things got in the way and 40 years later here I am starting on a new journey . Hence the title thread.
 
Welcome to R2R!!!

Clownfish.gif
 
hi welcome to the reef going to love it here!!
lots of fun/info/fun/help/fun....
sump ;) :cool:
 
Welcome to R2R. Sump definitely. A little more work initially but will save lots of headache down the road. A place for the must have skimmer as opposed to HOB type.
Hi and more bucks as well from what I have learnt so far exciting though
 
Welcome and hello to R2R...you can use either but a canister limits you.

But you can have a great tank with a canister you just have to be on your tank husbandry and not mind a few things hanging on the sides lol

Here's my 75g run with a canister, I will be switching to a sump on our next build to have a cleaner look.

Some new AIO tanks don't even need either so definitely check those out!

20200607_095148.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 46.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new