New to Reef2Reef

ShepherdReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, I am new to the forum and have been in the reefing for many years. I cannot say that I have been totally successful, I have made my mistakes and learn from them, but would like to have a very successful reef tank...something I really have not got into yet, although I started many years ago. The first reef tank was a fail. The house we lived in lost the HVAC unit for over two weeks in the summer and the house temperature was more than the tank could handle and lost everything. After that, I just stuck with fish only. We have a 56ish gallon fish only tank that housed one yellow wrasse, file fish, and a large clown which we have had for over 14 years. I really do not know what kind of clown fish we have but looks something like a black clown but little more red/maroon in color. Little over a year ago, we rescued a small 20 gallon tank from someone who left it in a rental apartment. The tank had a few fish, but all died except a blue tang in which we purchased a small clownfish for a tank mate for the tang. We need to move both into a larger tank...yes, the tang needs at least 180 gallons. We do not have room for that large of a tank. So, we purchased a 50 gallon cube tank measuring around 30"x24"x17". I will be placing all the fish into this new tank, well, until the fish outgrow the new tank. I wanted to get rid of the blue tang but the wife is really attached. I will or can upload pictures and equipment of the new tank progress in another form at a later time. Looking forward to learn from everyone.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!
Wtr2r6.gif

Scrubber_steve

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R @ShepherdReefer
It’s awesome that you’ve joined us here at Reef Excellence.

Get ready to get totally successful with the help of all the
super helpful
super friendly,
super awesome
super positive, and
super knowledgeable, smart & clever participants that frequent this forum.
There’s no bad or misleading advice given out around here.

C U round the Reef

Steve :)

1581223826259.png

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 28.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 35.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 26.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.8%
Back