New to reefing and searching for some answers

Idaho-Reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently live in Eagle, ID by-way-of North County San Diego, CA. During the Covid - 19 shutdown I have been watching video after video on reefing. This is an amazing hobby that has a surprisingly large community. Not knowing anything about the hobby, I am leaning towards an all-in-one tank. I am most impressed by the Red Sea Max E-series 260. I want to use this set up to learn for a few years before purchasing a more substantial tank. Before jumping in, I want to watch videos, read, learn and hear from the community about this amazing hobby. I am looking forward to reading your posts.

Alanna102499

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! Great group and community you’ll learn a lot just by searching and reading through threads. Ask questions too. They seem to love questions ;-). From one newbie to another enjoy!
5352D5E7-2506-4BF4-8E52-48C598F8F781.gif

Camaro Show Corals

Formally known as The Camaro Show
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I currently live in Eagle, ID by-way-of North County San Diego, CA. During the Covid - 19 shutdown I have been watching video after video on reefing. This is an amazing hobby that has a surprisingly large community. Not knowing anything about the hobby, I am leaning towards an all-in-one tank. I am most impressed by the Red Sea Max E-series 260. I want to use this set up to learn for a few years before purchasing a more substantial tank. Before jumping in, I want to watch videos, read, learn and hear from the community about this amazing hobby. I am looking forward to reading your posts.
Also remember smaller tanks are not necessarily easier.

pdxmonkeyboy

Sticks!! Give me the sticks!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO, if you want to be successful then forget ALL about the equipment and learn about reef chemistry.

Now it is usually more fun to make shopping lists and think about all the do dads that are available. But NO piece of gear will help you understand the relationships between all the different elements in the tank. And that is the knowledge that makes a successful reefer.

Last edited:

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Max E260 is a nice smart tank, it was my first for 2 months before I got hooked an ordered the S650

Anything you need to know just ask and Welcome to R2R!!!

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Idaho-Reefing

drawing-dolphins-hand-painted-dolphin-cartoon-image-and-fish-images (1).jpg

Glad you joined us! Here's a little reading for you:

Back