OP
Neil57

Neil57

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I'm over in Grants Pass. Do you have a good source for aquatic livestock in K-Falls?
No not really, we have a Petco, that's it. I have been ordering on-line. Are there options west of the mountains? I fly out of Medford so I get that way once in a while.

S.O.MLemos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I go to grants pass often to visit frogprince. There is valley aquaria in eagle point but I’m not sure how much he’s doing now days, and supposedly there is a guy here in medford that has a coral shop out of his garage but I haven’t tried contacting him yet. I’d order online but for some reason all the mail carriers are very undependable for my neighborhood. My crested geckos even showed up a day late in dead of winter a couple years ago, fortunately they survived

Athalus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. I have had my tank up and running for about 18 months. Everything seemed fine however a couple of days ago a fish died suddenly - had been totally healthy an hour before. It looked like it had been stung. I have identified a parasitic anemone (not in the picture) that got introduced to the tank via a local supplier (sighs) Now I have found these things that look like some sort of star fish in the tank. they seem to be multiplying like rabbits. Can anyone please tell me what they are and if they are dangerous to corals or fish?
I was thinking of taking some of the rocks out and letting the dry to try and kill them off but obviously I can do that all in one go as the biological filtration system will die.
Any advise would really be appreciated.

what are these and are they dangerous.jpg

GWHouston

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R and the rest of the salty dogs. We're taking a 12 day trip to OR in April for our first visit. Have wheels, will travel. Looking forward to seeing the sights.

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We're actually staying in Klammath Falls at WorldMark Running Y, wherever that is.
You'll be just a quick trip away to Crater Lake. Take a lunch and spend the day up there. And if you are driving down the mountain to the west toward Medford, you must stop at Becky's Cafe in Union Creek. Best pies on the planet. Burgers are great too. But oh, the pie and a fresh cup of coffee. Ahhh.
http://www.unioncreekoregon.com/beckies-cafe/

Sitting here drinking a cup of coffee dreaming of their Peanut Butter Cream Pie, No their Berry Pie, no Cherry . . . LOL

GWHouston

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You'll be just a quick trip away to Crater Lake. Take a lunch and spend the day up there. And if you are driving down the mountain to the west toward Medford, you must stop at Becky's Cafe in Union Creek. Best pies on the planet. Burgers are great too. But oh, the pie and a fresh cup of coffee. Ahhh.
http://www.unioncreekoregon.com/beckies-cafe/

Sitting here drinking a cup of coffee dreaming of their Peanut Butter Cream Pie, No their Berry Pie, no Cherry . . . LOL
I see that on the map...I promise we will explore all points within a 5 hr drive from Klammath Falls. We tend to drive many miles when we go. Last spring we drove from home up to New England...4444.4 miles driveway to driveway. If there is one thing my wife (and me to an extent) loves to do is travel. This trip will earn me MANY brownie points which means more reefing permissions.

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see that on the map...I promise we will explore all points within a 5 hr drive from Klammath Falls. We tend to drive many miles when we go. Last spring we drove from home up to New England...4444.4 miles driveway to driveway. If there is one thing my wife (and me to an extent) loves to do is travel. This trip will earn me MANY brownie points which means more reefing permissions.
Lots of folks come here to drive the coast highway during the summer. Brookings to Astoria. Very scenic, nice but cold beaches. Pine trees right down to the beaches. If you get up to Portland, so many micro breweries it will make you dizzy. Portland's Rose Garden is famous. And then there is Mt. Hood to the north and Mt. St. Helens in Washington that blew its top back in the 80s.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Neil57

Neil57

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been traveling this past week and just now catching up on my messages. The Running Y is just outside Klamath Falls about 7 miles. There are a couple good restaurants in town. Nibblies is a great locally owned place for breakfast and lunch. The Klamath Grill is also good for breakfast and lunch. Italianna's is a really good place for dinner. As BigG mentioned Crater Lake is a great place. In April the rim road will likely still be closed because of snow, but the lodge is open and you can't beat the scenery. Two hours north is the city of Bend, which has some great places to eat and shop. Two hours south is Mt. Shasta another great place to visit. I hope you enjoy your visit!

GWHouston

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been traveling this past week and just now catching up on my messages. The Running Y is just outside Klamath Falls about 7 miles. There are a couple good restaurants in town. Nibblies is a great locally owned place for breakfast and lunch. The Klamath Grill is also good for breakfast and lunch. Italianna's is a really good place for dinner. As BigG mentioned Crater Lake is a great place. In April the rim road will likely still be closed because of snow, but the lodge is open and you can't beat the scenery. Two hours north is the city of Bend, which has some great places to eat and shop. Two hours south is Mt. Shasta another great place to visit. I hope you enjoy your visit!

We're flying into Reno (Cheapest and just one connection) and driving to Klammath Falls via N CA. Once there, we will have a solid week to explore all of OR and a little of ID and WA. Haven't set up an itenerary but I will over the next month. Thanks for your input here.

Don't go to Bend. Too many local micro breweries to choose from LOL :D
Decisions, Decisions, Decisions

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 45.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 14 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.3%
Back