OP
OP
Scalawag

Scalawag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!! Love the logo and the tie in to your name!

Clownfish.gif
Really appreciate it!!! Lol yeah it’s kinda stuck with me for along time.

OP
OP
Scalawag

Scalawag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the Dark Side...

Welcome.jpg

Are you in Oakley, CA? If so, I can recommend a couple good LFS.
Yeah I live by Freedom High school in Oakley ca. I’ve been talking with mark from SJ Reef for a little while but looking to see what people are involved around me to possibly lend a hand

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Everyone,
My name is Anthony Scalia and I’m new to the Reefing Life/ Tropical fish. My wife and I for years have always been interested and would love to own a piece of the ocean in our living room. It looks very therapeutic but also a demanding hobby, so starting out doesn’t sound the easiest. I’m here to gain as much knowledge and ideas to make my process the least confusing. I’ve been doing a lot of research over the past year on YouTube, Forums & my LFS’s which aren’t that local to me lol. Trying to take it all with a grain of salt and start our own journey. I’m a buy once not twice type of guy but will see with this hobby. It to me seems the bigger the tank the better, meaning less swings in nutrients and levels. To each there own I guess. I don’t want a career doing this but want to enjoy and not worry when on vacation or even while at home. I would greatly appreciate the community’s insight and help on this adventure. Thank you!!
Welcome to in my opinion on of the best hobbies in the world! This hobby is an opportunity to recreate a piece of the ocean in the comfort of your home! Reef2Reef is a great place to be to learn all about the hobby, and can find some valuable resources!

If you are looking for maybe something to watch on your free time and get a better for feel for reef keeping come check out my channel on YouTube! Could be some helpful tips! Hope to chat soon, cheers!

IMG_1502.jpg

OP
OP
Scalawag

Scalawag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to in my opinion on of the best hobbies in the world! This hobby is an opportunity to recreate a piece of the ocean in the comfort of your home! Reef2Reef is a great place to be to learn all about the hobby, and can find some valuable resources!

If you are looking for maybe something to watch on your free time and get a better for feel for reef keeping come check out my channel on YouTube! Could be some helpful tips! Hope to chat soon, cheers!

IMG_1502.jpg
Will do Blaine! I’ll be watching for sure! Any tips and hints would be greatly appreciated.

OP
OP
Scalawag

Scalawag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will do Blaine! I’ll be watching for sure! Any tips and hints would be greatly appreciated.
Honestly I’m super interested in the Red Sea 900!!! I have the space perfect for the tank. Wife’s on board, but am I getting to in I’ve my head on what it may take. I’m hearing from many that the bigger the easier/better in many ways. Leads swings in nutrients and levels but yes more expansive. Let me know your thoughts! Thank you

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back