Hi Anthony Welcome to R2R!!!

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Everyone,
My name is Anthony Scalia and I’m new to the Reefing Life/ Tropical fish. My wife and I for years have always been interested and would love to own a piece of the ocean in our living room. It looks very therapeutic but also a demanding hobby, so starting out doesn’t sound the easiest. I’m here to gain as much knowledge and ideas to make my process the least confusing. I’ve been doing a lot of research over the past year on YouTube, Forums & my LFS’s which aren’t that local to me lol. Trying to take it all with a grain of salt and start our own journey. I’m a buy once not twice type of guy but will see with this hobby. It to me seems the bigger the tank the better, meaning less swings in nutrients and levels. To each there own I guess. I don’t want a career doing this but want to enjoy and not worry when on vacation or even while at home. I would greatly appreciate the community’s insight and help on this adventure. Thank you!!
Welcome!

Always love the 'bigger is better' comments (giggle). IMO only up to a point. These days I have just 180g & 2 little QT tanks. However, not sure I'd go bigger (deeper or wider) because reach needed to maintain tank... COULD go longer than my 6'.... Past life I had as many as 5 tanks going at once, and multiples of those midsize tanks have significant advantages when some coral/fish doesn't get along with another coral/fish. My advice: just don't start tiny but anything else is fine. (Now all the nano tank people will jump on me with different opinion saying tiny is great!!)

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 131 87.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back