New to reefing

Is this the sump?

8AB8FA10-2BF5-4C1B-B463-AF7A1E860E1F.jpeg
Skimmer goes in the back if you use the refugium, before the return pump section.

Welcome to Reef2Reef!!
 
I just got a Red Sea max 650 and setting it up. Not 100% sure which part of the sump the protein skimmer should be. There are 2 areas that are possible. Can someone identify which one.

Thanks
I have a Max S650 and originally the skimmer went in the back middle section when it was the old C Skim original I think it was called. A monster of a thing it was!

But you can move it as I did, I have a NYOS 160 in the left hand chamber of the sump and it’s fine there as well.

And welcome!
 
I just got a Red Sea max 650 and setting it up. Not 100% sure which part of the sump the protein skimmer should be. There are 2 areas that are possible. Can someone identify which one.

Thanks

Welcome! Glad you joined. Seems you already have some answers and I'll defer to others since I don't use Red Sea tank.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. Like you, I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:
https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/the-supreme-guide-to-setting-up-a-saltwater-reef-aquarium.84/
 
I just got a Red Sea max 650 and setting it up. Not 100% sure which part of the sump the protein skimmer should be. There are 2 areas that are possible. Can someone identify which one.

Thanks
No experience with this tank but welcome to R2R
Welcome to R2R.JPG
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new