New to Reefing

christyj3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all! New to the hobby. Just finished fishless cycle in my (new to me) Red Sea 250. Have been wanting to get into saltwater tanks and finally found a deal I couldn’t pass up. Excited and nervous to see how this goes.
Welcome!! I’m new as well!

G Santana

Hospitality Elf
View Badges
Reaction score
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/this-little-pigg
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the Reef
Photo_1655172831660.jpg

ScubaShane

MENTAL REEF DISORDER!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Red Sea 250 is a great tank. Your off to a great start on cycle. Be patient. Don't be too excited to add livestock. Now is a good time to practice testing and keeping a log. When you're parameters are in a decent range start with fish. Once you start feeding fish and they poop you'll now have nutrients in your water column. The key here is stability. If your parameters are stable for a week then get corals. NOW, corals will consume elements out of the saltwater. This is where you'll do more testing. Do water changes or dose elements or both. That's on you to figure out what works better for your tank. OH...........welcome to R2R!!

Lllrrr232

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all! New to the hobby. Just finished fishless cycle in my (new to me) Red Sea 250. Have been wanting to get into saltwater tanks and finally found a deal I couldn’t pass up. Excited and nervous to see how this goes.
Congratulations! Wish you all the happiness and success as you enter the amazing reef world!

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef and welcome to reefing! It's a lot of fun but it can definitely be frustrating. Hang in there and remember there's lots of us around here to help out.

OP
OP
himynameis

himynameis

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Red Sea 250 is a great tank. Your off to a great start on cycle. Be patient. Don't be too excited to add livestock. Now is a good time to practice testing and keeping a log. When you're parameters are in a decent range start with fish. Once you start feeding fish and they poop you'll now have nutrients in your water column. The key here is stability. If your parameters are stable for a week then get corals. NOW, corals will consume elements out of the saltwater. This is where you'll do more testing. Do water changes or dose elements or both. That's on you to figure out what works better for your tank. OH...........welcome to R2R!!
Thanks! I’m at the point of the cycle where the diatoms are starting to get going, at least that’s what they look like. Orange/brownish spots growing on the sand, rock, and glass. Exciting stuff.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 141 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back