New to Reefing

LisaMarie

Addicted to Reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Mark,
Welcome to Reef2Reef! I definitely remember the UGF. I started freshwater in the 80's and had my first saltwater in "91. Glad to see you've made it to the salty side. Hope you'll share your journey with us by starting a build thread. It's fun to do and helps others learn with you.
1DPoFnXNNoQYScds8r.gif

Itsadeepbluesea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi my name is Mark and I'm just getting started with a reef tank after having freshwater back in the 90's (remember under gravel filters? yuck!) After putting a beautiful crack in the back panel of a 65 gallon Aqueon tank I was drilling (I'll never know what I did wrong, went slow, plenty of water, no pressure) I bought a 75 gallon IM Nuvo EXT and a 29 gallon Aqueon as a sump, with the Fiji Sump kit. All that on a DIY stand I built to fit.
I built an aquascape with about 60 lbs of Marco rock, and about an inch of sand. I'm currently on Day 5 of the Brightwell Aquatics fishless cycle, hope to be getting a fish this weekend. It's been about 4 months since I started, so I'm taking my time, learning and doing it right the first time, hopefully.
Prior to this I had a few freshwater tanks back in the 90's with some decent success, but always wanted to try saltwater. Back then it seemed much more intimidating, now there's so much more information and resources like this forum to get help.

Welcome aboard, just remember slow is key with salt water.

Tom Hanks Hello GIF

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back