New to reefs - looking for testing equipment

Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!
Welcome.gif
 
Hello all. I just purchased an innovative sr-60. Thanks to the awesome community in Maryland have received some great advice and supplies to build my reef tank.

does anyone have Hannah devices looking to sell?

Welcome! Glad you joined. Sometimes sales do happen, if you aren't able to find any used ones. These tend to be the better checkers, but things happen in people's lives where they occasionally are offering used Hannas for sale.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread under Forum > Member Aquariums and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you in Fredrick:
https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/local-reef-club-discussion.516/
This is a good reference book type online article I still review:
https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/the-supreme-guide-to-setting-up-a-saltwater-reef-aquarium.84/
 
Greetings and welcome to the reef! Where in Maryland are you?
 
Hello all. I just purchased an innovative sr-60. Thanks to the awesome community in Maryland have received some great advice and supplies to build my reef tank.

does anyone have Hannah devices looking to sell?
Currently cycling the same tank. Curious of your plans for lighting and protein skimmer?
 
Welcome, I’m a newbie too but I have invested in some decent tests and like what I’ve got going on so far.

I have a Milwaukee digital refrac and felt like it was unreliable when I first got it so I bought a second cheap telescope style refrac off Amazon and use it to double check the Milwaukee and now I trust the Milwaukee.

I use salifert for Calcium, KH, Magnesium and they work really well.

I did find the nitrate and phosphate tests pretty unreliable in the salifert line so I bought the Hannah high range nitrate tester and the phosphate tester in PPB and love them. The salifert seemed to show 0 phosphates all the time and the Hannah seems very accurate and reliable.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new