New to Reefs

rrichardsmn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Hi All - I have been on here for about a month, trying to collect knowledge and lightly used stuff for my new, and first tank. I am trying to avoid many of the first timer mistakes by reading a ton and starting slowly. I am starting with a 90 gallon Fiji Cube with a Varios 4 return pump, 2 Nero 5 powerheads and 2 ReefLed 90s. I am hopeful that I will have it started to cycle this weekend if all goes well. Thanks again in advance for any help/suggests you have, or will provide me.

AS
BRS

BeltedCoyote

Lord of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Season 7 Nbc GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Welcome to R2R!!

Zoanthids.com
Top Shelf Aquatics

Fish Think Pink

View Badges
Reaction score
Hi All - I have been on here for about a month, trying to collect knowledge and lightly used stuff for my new, and first tank. I am trying to avoid many of the first timer mistakes by reading a ton and starting slowly. I am starting with a 90 gallon Fiji Cube with a Varios 4 return pump, 2 Nero 5 powerheads and 2 ReefLed 90s. I am hopeful that I will have it started to cycle this weekend if all goes well. Thanks again in advance for any help/suggests you have, or will provide me.
Welcome!

Sounds like you are doing the right things already. You don't mention how you are starting your cycle, there are lots of options, and for every option you'll find different opinions. With your research already done, seems like you are on your way! Looking forward to hearing about your future successes

Zoanthids

Would you ever consider setting up a "dropoff" reef aquarium?

• I already have a dropoff tank. Yay me!

Votes: 16 4.5%
  • Yes I would like to set one up in the future.

Votes: 169 47.2%
  • No (please explain in the thread)

Votes: 154 43.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 19 5.3%
Underwater Creations, Inc.