New to Reefs

rrichardsmn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All - I have been on here for about a month, trying to collect knowledge and lightly used stuff for my new, and first tank. I am trying to avoid many of the first timer mistakes by reading a ton and starting slowly. I am starting with a 90 gallon Fiji Cube with a Varios 4 return pump, 2 Nero 5 powerheads and 2 ReefLed 90s. I am hopeful that I will have it started to cycle this weekend if all goes well. Thanks again in advance for any help/suggests you have, or will provide me.

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Season 7 Nbc GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Welcome to R2R!!

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All - I have been on here for about a month, trying to collect knowledge and lightly used stuff for my new, and first tank. I am trying to avoid many of the first timer mistakes by reading a ton and starting slowly. I am starting with a 90 gallon Fiji Cube with a Varios 4 return pump, 2 Nero 5 powerheads and 2 ReefLed 90s. I am hopeful that I will have it started to cycle this weekend if all goes well. Thanks again in advance for any help/suggests you have, or will provide me.
Welcome!

Sounds like you are doing the right things already. You don't mention how you are starting your cycle, there are lots of options, and for every option you'll find different opinions. With your research already done, seems like you are on your way! Looking forward to hearing about your future successes

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 144 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back