New to RTR and saying hello

mk6dirty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Just signed up for R2R. Currently in the first week of starting a new nano reef tank with my girlfriend. This will be her first reef/saltwater tank. I have done a few nano reef tanks in the past years ago(a 30gal, 20gal, and 5.5gal.)

We went with the Fluval Evo 13.5 Tank. We wanted something small but not too small and being all in one was a nice idea I've always wanted to do. My other reefs were always canister filters or HOB.
We will be here to look at other peoples builds and read through to refresh my knowledge and also hopefully learn some new things. I must say I'm quite excited to get back into the hobby its been about 7 or 8 years since my last tank was taken down.

Curently we have a media basket for chamber one on order since they have to be made(with the water flow director, and camber 2 plug). We also have some random flow generator nozzles to go on soon. We did upgrade the return pump to a sicce 1.0 which did help a lot (got the recomendation from creeping on some threads here). The pump they include with the 13.5 is fairly under powered and was the only real disappointment i had with the evo off the gate. The box said 138GPH i believe. the Siccee is rated at 251gph and did seem to improve flow through the tank greatly and actually pushed the surface water around and into the skimmer guard on chamber one. Happy with that cheap and drastic improvement.

I know the light isn't the greatest but were gonna work with softies and easy care corals for the most part and will eventually upgrade the light down the road as the tank gets more stablizied.

Currently starting the cycle process on it. Looking forward to checking out everything the site has to offer.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Just signed up for R2R. Currently in the first week of starting a new nano reef tank with my girlfriend. This will be her first reef/saltwater tank. I have done a few nano reef tanks in the past years ago(a 30gal, 20gal, and 5.5gal.)

We went with the Fluval Evo 13.5 Tank. We wanted something small but not too small and being all in one was a nice idea I've always wanted to do. My other reefs were always canister filters or HOB.
We will be here to look at other peoples builds and read through to refresh my knowledge and also hopefully learn some new things. I must say I'm quite excited to get back into the hobby its been about 7 or 8 years since my last tank was taken down.

Curently we have a media basket for chamber one on order since they have to be made(with the water flow director, and camber 2 plug). We also have some random flow generator nozzles to go on soon. We did upgrade the return pump to a sicce 1.0 which did help a lot (got the recomendation from creeping on some threads here). The pump they include with the 13.5 is fairly under powered and was the only real disappointment i had with the evo off the gate. The box said 138GPH i believe. the Siccee is rated at 251gph and did seem to improve flow through the tank greatly and actually pushed the surface water around and into the skimmer guard on chamber one. Happy with that cheap and drastic improvement.

I know the light isn't the greatest but were gonna work with softies and easy care corals for the most part and will eventually upgrade the light down the road as the tank gets more stablizied.

Currently starting the cycle process on it. Looking forward to checking out everything the site has to offer.

Welcome and Welcome Back! Glad you joined.

CONGRATULATIONS on already having your Build Thread Badge! You are well on your way!!

This might help you find people local to you in Florida:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

Back