new to saltwater and wanting to start a nano reef. any reviews on eheim aquastyle 35?

xbruce2x

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, I am looking into starting a nano reef tank. I am leaning towards the eheim aquastyle 35. Does anyone have any experience with one of these setups. I was hoping to have a small nano setup with some soft corals and a couple small fish. What if anything would i have to add or upgrade? I am assuming i will need better lighting. Will i need to add a power head? also how is the in tank filter that comes with the kit. Thanks for any help.
bruce

OP
OP
xbruce2x

xbruce2x

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if anyone has any recommendations on another nano tank setup or a custom setup feel free to add input.

OP
OP
xbruce2x

xbruce2x

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would you recommend the biocube 14 gallon or the 29 gallon for a beginner? I am worried about the fast changes in the smaller tank.

jservedio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah go with a Biocube - they are meant to be reefs and you can use them right out of the box. Also the Aquaqstyle has an open top and with less than 10g that is going to be nearly impossible to keep a stable salinity. For little tiny tanks like that you need a lid or need an ATO.

You can get a Biocube 29 used for $200 or so with a stand on here or your local forum or craigslist.

BewareOfButtlice

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
biocube 29 was the way i was going to go but got a good deal on a larger tank for the same price. Its a great tank to start out with! As above mentions, you can find them dirt cheap on craigslist and usually come with everything you need including a protein skimmer. Circulation in a tank is a must. Rule of thumb ive seen is there is never too much flow unless your fish are pinned to the glass.

OP
OP
xbruce2x

xbruce2x

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update. Okay I took everyones advice and got a biocube. It's a oceanic 14 gallon. I got it off of Craigslist. It was already up and running when I bought it.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Start a new tank thread with photos!

Back