OP
OP
Davster007

Davster007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey LbulletM you work on Ft Campbell? You must love that drive lol I use to work on 12th ave south I hated driving to Nashville that was before they completed 24 40 merge gosh not missing that.

LbulletM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope. Zinc Plant Rd. Bet you can't guess where I work. ;)

LbulletM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably as soon as your membership goes through and you get your banner. May take a day or so.

OP
OP
Davster007

Davster007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank man. here update on my progress lol
20170628_202632.jpg

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I think he seeks those 5g containers for around $15 each. Cheaper to buy a Brute trash can, strap into the back of a truck and go over and buy the water 5gal at a time... take it out and fill up can and give him back his container, lol.

LbulletM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm near Exit 11. You do have quite a drive everyday!

I take 13 and 149, so it's not too bad unless I get stuck behind a big rig. Fortunately, my plant's on that side of Clarksville, so it's usually only around 50 minutes.

Tennsquire

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I think he seeks those 5g containers for around $15 each. Cheaper to buy a Brute trash can, strap into the back of a truck and go over and buy the water 5gal at a time... take it out and fill up can and give him back his container, lol.
I store my RO/DI water in 5 gallon drinking water jugs (can get them at Home Depot/Lowes/WalMart), and also in 7 gallon Aquatainers (~$13 at WalMart). Get you a couple of those, or just buy a Reverse Osmosis unit. It will pay for itself over buying water at the LFS.

LbulletM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I store my RO/DI water in 5 gallon drinking water jugs (can get them at Home Depot/Lowes/WalMart), and also in 7 gallon Aquatainers (~$13 at WalMart). Get you a couple of those, or just buy a Reverse Osmosis unit. It will pay for itself over buying water at the LFS.

I used to do just 5 gallon buckets with lids. Blue from Lowes for fresh water. White from Walmart for salt mixing/saltwater. Black from... Walmart? for water changes.

Recently upgraded to a 35 gallon container from Tractor Supply over on Wilma Rudolph. It's awesome and since I do 5 gallon changes on my 29 gallon, I have 7 changes or ATO top offs at any time. Built a quick stand and it's AMAZINGLY convenient.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BVm5HzmlbiL/

Last edited:

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to do just 5 gallon buckets with lids. Blue from Lowes for fresh water. White from Walmart for salt mixing/saltwater. Black from... Walmart? for water changes.

Recently upgraded to a 35 gallon container from Tractor Supply over on Wilma Rudolph. It's awesome and since I do 5 gallon changes on my 29 gallon, I have 7 changes or ATO top offs at any time. Built a quick stand and it's AMAZING.

Nice! My water changing station will be my next project once I get this tank up and cycling! I'm looking into containers now. I'll have a 75g tank, so suspect a 35-50 gal container would be sufficient to produce enough for water changes, ATO, etc...

LbulletM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The water storage tank was something like $70 or $80 bucks, and the stand was just a <45 minute job with a 4x4 cut into 2' pieces (to allow for a bucket underneath the nozzle) and a 4'x6' sheet of plywood cut down to 2'x3'. Three stainless steel screws in each leg in a triangle. Not my best work, and I wouldn't necessarily call it pretty, but for 45 minutes and minimal cost, it's functional considering it's just stuck in the laundry room.

I figure it's also large enough for a 20% water change when I upgrade to my 150g. I'll eventually add a second container and requisite plumbing to allow for independent saltwater and freshwater storage, along with in-tote mixing capabilities.

Tennsquire

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Recently upgraded to a 35 gallon container from Tractor Supply over on Wilma Rudolph. It's awesome and since I do 5 gallon changes on my 29 gallon, I have 7 changes or ATO top offs at any time. Built a quick stand and it's AMAZINGLY convenient.

Nice! I bought a 65 gallon vertical tank like that from Blain's Farm and Feed a few months back during one of their free shipping promotions. The shipping is typically more than the dang tank, so it was a good purchase. I haven't set it up yet. My 75 will turn into a 120, and the basement will sport an enclosed fish room for sump, filtration, fuge, frags, etc. for the tank upstairs after I figure out a way to deal with the humidity.

OP
OP
Davster007

Davster007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I'll have to go check them out I can order from ULINE since I order from them for my business any way they have 30 gallon white open tops for 60, But i hate waiting so ill check out tractor supply tomorrow .
Good information guys

OP
OP
Davster007

Davster007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll have to go check them out I can order from ULINE since I order from them for my business any way they have 30 gallon white open tops for 60, But i hate waiting so ill check out tractor supply tomorrow .
Good information guys
Dam i just seen your picture that nice gravity feed to!

LbulletM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I might get a larger container from Tractor Supply for freshwater storage when I add a second container, but I'm still planning my 150 build. I'll either be using a closet adjacent to the tank, or the laundry room on the other side of the closet, so that will be part of the decision. BUT..... Tractor Supply has a few different sizes (see bottom of the first page, prices differ in store. I didn't spend $100 even after tax on my 35g).

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/search/water storage tanks

And, just because we're friend's now ( :p ), I got this email recently. They don't run these often, because I couldn't find one when I was buying, so now would be the time to pull the trigger! Best price I found was the one on Wilma Rudolph on the way out of Clarksville towards the KY border.

2017-06-30%2008_59_42-Mail.png

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 45 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 175 67.8%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.3%
Back