lelandmarine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WELCOME!
Here are some resources you may like

If you like to read

If you prefer video’s. This video series is “5 minute guide”, good info. BRS TV has lots of different series.

Here’s a getting the most out of Reef2Reef link

G Santana

Hospitality Elf
View Badges
Reaction score
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/this-little-pigg
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R
ZomboMeme 19022021165635.jpg

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's nice to meet everyone. I've been on the forum reading for about 6 months. I finally have my first saltwater tank. I'll be using a Waterbox Peninsula Mini 25.

About me
I love to ski, build with LEGOs, video edit, play video games, build furniture, and much more. I was a college grad in 2020, so still getting more and more stuff to fill in my apartment. I'd say 90% of the furniture in my apartment is custom. I currently have a Waterbox Clear Mini 6 cycling for red cherry shrimp, a Waterbox Clear Mini 6 cycling for a galaxy koi betta, and an established Waterbox Clear Mini 10 with some mollies and cory catfish. The 10 gallon tank is built into my coffee table.

I want to take the dive into saltwater with plenty of corals and macro algae. I'm taking inspiration from tigahboy's macro algae tanks. I hope to blend the look into a lagoon/tide pool style where the rock work is shallower and supports a very mixed group of livestock (such as shrimp, fan worms, etc.).

Here's the build thread I started if you are intrigued.
I also started an Instagram account for my tanks.
Welcome - cool stuff! I immediately got this image of corals stuck onto a LEGO aquascape.
Also @Tigahboy is the absolute bomb. You already found someone spectacular for inspiration.... that is a great place to start. There are few who can do macro tanks in his league.
What can't you do? Make videos, build furniture? Dang - this will be a cool build.
Looking forward to following along! I'll follow along on Insta, too.
Welcome to the fishy family!
Catch Fish Pizza GIF by Cookingfunny

Last edited:
OP
OP
Schraufabagel

Schraufabagel

aka Schrauf_den
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome - cool stuff! I immediately got this image of corals stuck onto a LEGO aquascape.
Also @Tigahboy is the absolute bomb. You already found someone spectacular for inspiration.... that is a great place to start. There are few who can do macro tanks in his league.
What can't you do? Make videos, build furniture? Dang - this will be a cool build.
Looking forward to following along! I'll follow along on Insta, too.
Welcome to the fishy family!
Catch Fish Pizza GIF by Cookingfunny
That's amazing haha, I love that gif. I have a workbench desk that I will be using.

I'm going to build in a custom cabinet solution under it to house all of the equipment. I plan to document my journey on Instagram. I'm most excited about the combined scape; I can't wait to see how the blend of macro algae and corals will look.

OP
OP
Schraufabagel

Schraufabagel

aka Schrauf_den
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome
You win the internet today for saying you like to build Legos!
Thanks! I primarily have Star Wars, Ideas, and Creator Expert. My favorites have to be the treehouse and the Friends Central Perk.

Poof No Eyebrows

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I primarily have Star Wars, Ideas, and Creator Expert. My favorites have to be the treehouse and the Friends Central Perk.
I just built the roller coaster for my daughter. That thing took me 4 days to finish. I have had my eye on that really big star destroyer set for a while too.

OP
OP
Schraufabagel

Schraufabagel

aka Schrauf_den
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just built the roller coaster for my daughter. That thing took me 4 days to finish. I have had my eye on that really big star destroyer set for a while too.
I want the UCS Millennium Falcon, but I'd rather put that $800 toward reefing ;) The Roller Coaster looks like an awesome build!

OP
OP
Schraufabagel

Schraufabagel

aka Schrauf_den
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would anyone know of an easy way to have a mangrove and still have a lid? I want to prevent fish from jumping, but I've been fascinated by mangroves and it would make an awesome addition to the mixed reef. Would it be possible to maintain a small hole in the net for the mangrove to grow through?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Would anyone know of an easy way to have a mangrove and still have a lid? I want to prevent fish from jumping, but I've been fascinated by mangroves and it would make an awesome addition to the mixed reef. Would it be possible to maintain a small hole in the net for the mangrove to grow through?
They do well in sumps. If you want it above, you will need an opening in which you can stuff saran wrap around any spacing

Poof No Eyebrows

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

You could do a mesh top with a frame and just keep a square section out for the mangrove. I've seen similar done for equipment.

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's nice to meet everyone. I've been on the forum reading for about 6 months. I finally have my first saltwater tank. I'll be using a Waterbox Peninsula Mini 25.

About me
I love to ski, build with LEGOs, video edit, play video games, build furniture, and much more. I was a college grad in 2020, so still getting more and more stuff to fill in my apartment. I'd say 90% of the furniture in my apartment is custom. I currently have a Waterbox Clear Mini 6 cycling for red cherry shrimp, a Waterbox Clear Mini 6 cycling for a galaxy koi betta, and an established Waterbox Clear Mini 10 with some mollies and cory catfish. The 10 gallon tank is built into my coffee table.

I want to take the dive into saltwater with plenty of corals and macro algae. I'm taking inspiration from tigahboy's macro algae tanks. I hope to blend the look into a lagoon/tide pool style where the rock work is shallower and supports a very mixed group of livestock (such as shrimp, fan worms, etc.).

Here's the build thread I started if you are intrigued.
I also started an Instagram account for my tanks.
Welcome!

Love legos too!

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 45 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 174 67.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.3%
Back