New to saltwater

Welcome to R2R
ryan reynolds deadpool GIF
 
Hello! I am new to this hobby. I have always enjoyed the ocean and marine life and have always wanted a microscopic piece of it in my own home so I am now starting up a fish tank.

Welcome! Glad you joined!

This is a great reference book type article I still review:
https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/the-supreme-guide-to-setting-up-a-saltwater-reef-aquarium.84/
Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. Like you, I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)
 
Replying over a year later. I didn't want to get active on the forum until I learned some things about reefing. I didn't want to be a person that contributes to misinformation or asks tiring, frequently asked questions. I also wanted to figure some things out on my own. Now that I have been in the hobby for over a year, have read many books, went diving to see these corals in the wild that I keep in my tank and have had my own trials and tribulations, I will start frequenting the forum. Thank you all for the welcomes and thank you all that have put useful information out there that I have been able to reference when keeping my own reef tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new